SR20 E-Test??

Hey guys I have a fresh swapped s14 sr20det notchtop that may need to get etested, can people who have done it tell me what to expect? Will they want to test it as a hotrod right off the bat or will they test it as is.
It’s completely stock all new fluids, belts, plugs, cone filter and catback. The guy I bought the car from said he did the etest back in August 2009, but doesn’t have the paper for it will it still even need to be tested? I was thinking maybe the test would still be valid in MTO computers… thanks.

If eh did the test in August then it will still be valid. After a month MTO doesnt even ask for the paper because by then the etest is in the system. Just go in and get a sticker for two years :smiley:

awesome thanks man.

I thought that once you sold the car with an etest it would only be valid for a year, i donno though Phill could be right though. If it is 2 years that would be awesome!

I am right. lol and yes an e test is only valid for one year if the vehicle changes owners.

For example when I got my kouki it had and e test that done in late March of 2008 and I bought the car in early March 2009 so the e test was still valid. My bday is in July so instead of getting the sitcker for 4 months I got it for a year and four months so I didnt have to get the e test 4 months later. Cars only need to be e tested every two years. So I’m up for my e test this summer :noes:

For someone who needs a e test, what do you guys recommend to do? I don’t have good experience e testing sr’s, they literally never pass. Should I do it as a hotrod? Or just go with the under the table type of deal if you know what I mean… I just know once it fails its harder to get so I would rather do it right the first time lol. If anyone has exp with passing sr’s let me know, my car runs a straight pipe and I don’t plan to change it…