sr20 problem.

So, we just put my car all back together and everything is hooked up and run right so i can tell. Start the car, runs great not even a hickup, idles awsome. Now however, as soon as i rev the car it is cutting out at 2500 rpm. It sounds like it hitting a rev limmiter? i don’t know what to try. nothing was changed, just disconected and re-conected. Any imput would be great.
thanks
brandon

Probably a MAF issue. Check your wiring, make sure the plug is in properly. Might also be a dead MAF.

we checked the wiring and that part is right, can a maf just go dead from sitting? how can i check? if i install a q45 maf would i have to re-tune my ecu?

Yea you will need to tune…

If you plan on upgrading maf’s go with z32…

why z32? whats wrong with q45?

i believe that z32 MAF’s have a higher hp rating than a q45 but either is fine. yes you would need to re-tune the car if you install a different MAF.

Other way around. Q45 can measure more airflow but the resolution (airflow unit per change in voltage) is alot less, making the MAF have more uncertainty (error) making the tune harder. But they both work fine, as long as you set it up right

i dont recommend installing a used MAF, have worked in a mechanic shop, i remember one problem in particular…the MAF. they have to be perfectly matched to the old MAF when it was working. if you can try and get on brand new…

yeah for around 500?
no thanx

Any Ideas on how i check it? What order should the wires be in? i have another maf here, but it has 4 prongs on it ( A B C D ) were as the one that came out only has 3 ( A B C ) ?