SR20DE Build-up

who is your father in law?

I was just calling around lookng for pistons and here is some of the info i picked up:

JWT - they have a VG30DE piston, 10.5:1 compression that they say works with the SR, you have to overbore it to work. US $612 for 4, no rings, u have to order 300zx rings from nissan (a little iffy, everyone else told me the VG valve reliefs dont with with the SR head)

Arius - The guy i talked to was a jerk, 4 VG pistons with rings, 10.5:1 compression, US $581 no boring required

JE - This guy was also a jerk (i dont know what it is with Piston sales reps?) custom SR 10.5:1 compression US $620 no boring required, (on the JGY web site they use to say they dont recommend JE… now they dont even offer them)

CP - Told me to call JGY and order them through them.

JGY - The first price they gave me was US $566, they use only CP pistons. they are going to phone me back after they consult with the guys in the shop on my specific setup and requirments.

I’m probably going to go with JGY, they were really helpful and their reputation is impeccable. they have built tons of SR’s over the years and they really know what they’re doing.