sr20det or ka24de

MAYBE 200whp stock, if your lucky.

Depends what gen you get, s13<s14<s15 but I think the total difference is somehwere in the 45 hp range from s13-s15

word, if the trunk doesnt have any low spots id be interested in that, and possibly the hood, i got a quote of 250 to have the rear 1/4’s straightened and primed, so i think id just do that, to much work replacing them

upsides - iron block,cam on lifter head design flows vary well, each intake valve has its own intake runner, it runs a simpler ecu than the sr’s and ka’s, no daughter board, so they are very easily tuned with free rom tuning software, also has an excellent powerband, and likes high revs

downsides - small turbo from the factory, smaler than sr (.48ar), older motors so they sometimes need to be refreshed unless you get a clean one, aftermarket parts are harder to find, but if you get into the CA community youll figure out fast where to get anything and everything you need

completely stock motor wise guys have gone to like 350 or so, you just have to remember, these motors came in the 88-90 s13’s in japan so parts can be worn.

theres also a ukdm ca18, they dont have the individual intake runners for each valve, but some cansure of the years for those.

ca18det.org has alot of info as does the nicoclub CA section

still not gonna give you that to the WHEELS tho

damn boy, you burned me, now back off my ride and hold your roll

theres a lot of differences between all the sr20det turbo motors…the s15 being the best motor with ball bearing t28 but the 6 speed that comes with the motor is crap comapared to the 5 speed in my opinon…

the s13 redtop and blacktop are almost the same very little changes between the 2 if any

the s14 motor has a terrible head design compared to the s13 motors and s15 motor…but comes with a ball bearing t28 turbo (not nearly as good as the s15 turbo but better then the s13’s t25 turbo

people have gotten more then that out of theirs in FWD.

w/o turning up the boost?

on stock everything??

top mount, 7 psi, stock exhaust(less then 2 inch diameter in downpipe) all stock everything even a paper element???

plus fwd has less drivetrain loss dont forget…

now if your talking full exhaust, more boost, intake,fmic, stock turbo…then 250-270 wheel is max cause thats when the maf maxes out roughly…

now if you talking stock motor with everything else then like i said 500+wheel is possible…

I’m talking just swapping in a stock SR20DET into a sentra or g20. People have gotten around 230whp with a little tuning. I cant remember if they upped the boost at all though. I’ll see if i can find it on sr20forum.

heres one with minor upgrades and 11psi

ill see if i can find the other one though.

they must have upped the boost lol thered would be nothign to tune for if they dident

I cant find the frickin thread. It was either on sr20forum or g20.net but someone was making close to 230whp stock.

correct me if i’m wrong but doesnt fwd platform have more versions of the sr20det?

11psi isn’t stock, neither is a dp, exhaust and fuel pump :wink:

not knocking the numbers, just saying. minor bolt ons will def pull those numbers tho

i know its not stock i just threw it up as a reference of what minor bolt ons will do.

i cant find the thread but it was somewhat recent.

oh and fwiw, don’t think i’m an sr20det hater, i loved mine :stuck_out_tongue:

if you wanna look into doin off a ka motor check out www.ka-t.org youll get some info there

word if i ever do it all over again itll either be rb25 or ka-t

hmm id love to find an old 510 and put in a det.

510’s are sick, but a 240z or 260z with either and sr or rb

There is an old 240z on craigslist. Doesnt look bad either! and its in ny.