SR20DET speed limiter question

OK, I did a search first so don’t shit on me for being new on this board…
But you guys didn’t say anything usefull !! HAHA!

So here it goes again:

I have a S13 silvia with a SR20DET and I want to know how to get rid of the speed limiter.
I have heard that you can cut a yellow/green wire from the tranny 5th gear sensor, and a yellow/green wire into the ECU, but that these can screw with the speedometer and even confuse the ECU and cause it to go into safety mode and run rich.

Does anyone know of a good way to do this?

HKS speed limiter defender:

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=781

Thanks! I didn’t know about those.
Who can get a good price on these?
Preferably in the Edmonton area.

According to their dealer locator, their nearest is in Calgary. That should only be like a day shipping… Anyways, here’s what they came up with:

RCTS Canada R&D Inc.
526 Cleveland Cresent S.E.
Calgary, AB T2G 4A9
CANADA
(403) 259-3106 Phone

www.monsterhorsepower.com

They may be the only OFFICIAL DEALER around but many other places should be able to get HKS stuff.
I think even Canadien tire can get some HKS, Greddy, Blitz performance parts!!

So I was just hoping someone more local could get em in so it would be easier to get a price quote and all that.

But thanks for the help!!

Try Dave at Garage Works. I dunno the number. Perhaps someone can help me out with that one. He’s a great guy though. His business is hassle free too.

Ask Win at autodream. He knows all that cool electrical shit and very good at it.

Garage works…
line 1: 732-7287
line 2: 732-7289
toll free: 1-800-979-6729

12004-149st edmonton

Cool thanks guys! I’ll give them a call.

RCTS in Calgary quoted $220 (no shipping)

yeah dont just cut it though…its a bad idea

Yeah I was not about to do anything drastic unless lots of people told me they tried it and it worked.