Stanley Cup

+1 for the ducks

[quote=“j_espo1,post:40,topic:30019"”]

wow, what a game. super hard hitting, fast paced. when Ott didnt score in the first period when they were all over the ducks it killed them. how bout that second period where there was no stoppages in play for over 10mins? that was nuts.

[/quote]

Yeah i could stand to see some more scoring but it seems that the sens are doing better.

^^ agreed. id like to see more scoring, but with the way bodies are flying i think alot of guys are tenative with the puck.

p.s.- is Spezza gonna show up this series? all he seems to be doing is bad giveaways in his own zone.

[quote=“JDMR2,post:37,topic:30019"”]

don’t make me dig out the quotes from the recap

Bryan Murray said that ANAHEIM’S FOURTH LINE was as good as OTTAWA’S FIRST LINE

and he said it b/c in case you weren’t watching, the reason anaheim is pwning this series is b/c anytime spezza heatley and alfagssonnnn are out there, boom, here comes the may (anaheim’s fourth) line to completely stump them, leaving anaheims top line to match up against ottawas 2nd line, which is a complete mismatch.

judging by no goals from spezza heatley and alfie in 2 games now, i’d say murray said it b/c its the truth :gotme:

[/quote]

Yeah, I wasn’t doubting you that he said that, I just think that it’s retarded for him to say that. Especially after only 1 game.

Was CBC blacked out on TW cable for anyone else last night too? I was pissed, I hate Verses!

blacked out for all to NOT enjoy :tdown:

Well, looks like Pronger will be suspended again. I can’t see the league not suspending him for that blatent elbow. Total cheap shot.

And now the chaos breaks out.

i like how cbc is mentioning the sabres even though they arnt playing …very very suprising

Here’s the youtube of it.

Pronger is a dirty piece of shit.

how was there no penalty??? the ref was right there

meh, didnt look that bad IMO

watch the video again, mcammond moves right into the elbow, else pronger would have hit him flush in the body. also, mcammond is out b/c he wails his head on the ice, much like when neil hit drury

if mcammond didnt shift, it would have been a clean hit :shrug: he was fine until he cracked his head on the way down. no suspension for neil = no suspension for pronger

but in retrospect, they allowed alfredsons “redirection” goal, which was much more blatant than rachuneks that was disallowed in the buf/nyr series, so who knows anymore…

this was a cheapshot:

It probably wouldn’t be such a big deal if Pronger hadn’t just taken out Holstrom like 6 games ago. 2 flying elbows within 3 weeks or so is definitely something that needs to be addressed.

could go either way i guess

if they suspend him, its only in light of the holmstrom hit. neil got off scott free and that was twice as “bad” as this…

I didn’t watch the video you posted, but is it the hit on Drury?

pronger should be suspended for that.

[quote=“j_espo1,post:55,topic:30019"”]

pronger should be suspended for that.

[/quote]

+1.

He threw the elbow up with clear intent to catch him in the neck or head. They replayed it about 20 times last night, from all different angles, in HD. It wasn’t too hard to tell it was a dirty move.

EDIT:
And the league agrees. One game suspension.

meh, i still say he only got it b/c everyone is up in arms about him already having a suspension from last round

chris neil got away with a much worse one…who cares…

But he threw an elbow, no doubt about it.

Chris Neil’s hit was incredibly borderline. I think the biggest difference between the 2 hits is that Neil hit our captain, while Pronger hit an Ottawa player :wink:

Imagine if it was Drury or Briere that was elbowed…

he hit him with the elbow, but i still really dont think it was his intent after watching mcammond shift hard to the right just before the impact. he was going to hit him no doubt about it, but i dont think it was intended to be an elbow to the skull.

the only problem i have with neils hit was that he was completely not involved in the play…he came across ice to deliver the “check” and had no real business in doing so except to be the goon that he is, as he honestly lacks any real hockey talent. neil didnt elbow drury in the head, he just cheapshotted him in a blindspot from across the rink. i never really understood why it wasnt viewed as a “run” or cheapshot by the league. probably b/c he did hit him clean with his shoulder, much like how schaeffer splattered connolly last season.

whatever, its over and done, no changing it now lol…

I hope Alfie gets beaten to a bloody pulp. What a scumbag!