Starting problem

hey guys i have a 90 hatch with a ka24de and have been having some starting issues. what its doin is often when it hasnt ran in awhile like for a couple hours it just makes a click when i turn the key over and if i click it long enough it starts…
Starter was rebuilt and replaced the solenoid last year and yet i still have the problem…anybody ever have this or know whats up?

Sounds like starter. After it clicks the first time try bumping it with something just incase it is sticking and it should catch.
Make sure the starter connections are tight as well, i have heard they can come loose but it has not happened to me.

Bump the starter after it clicks?

If the starter is just sticking (clicking) sometimes bumping or striking it with something it will unstick it and allow you to start it. I still think your starter is the only problem.

Ok well another thing I do is when it won’t start I have the car in gear and than rock it back and forth a little and than it usually fires right up…

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

Anyone know where I can get a good starter fairly cheap??

they probably didnt replace the bushing on the starter when it was changed and it is getting hung up. Remove the starter and replace the brass/bronze guide bushing-hence when you rock the car in gear it allows the bound shaft to free up-you may also be able to loosen starter and realign it !