State Police 1 Camry and Sport Bike 0

This morning on the way to work an orange sport bike and a tan toyota camry flew past me on I70 towards Washington well over 100 MPH. About 5 minutes later I passed a cop sitting on the side of the road and I was going about 65 mph, so I was a little nervous that he would stop me. He comes flying up with his lights and sirens on and blows right past me. Whew. Then just where I70 and I79 intersect, both lanes of traffic were stopped. As we slowly got through it, I saw what was causing the delay. There were about 8 state police cars, some facing backwards on the highway, and on the side of the road were the orange bike and camry. I saw a guy pleading with the cops, but it didn’t look good for him. Nothing like a little Wednesday morning ownage to start the day.

:owned:

rofl, better him than me.

At least the cops are doing something productive instead of pulling someone over for going like 5 over while people whizz past at like 15 over.

8 cops for two people? I love it.

That wouldn’t happen to have been an Orange Hayabusa? If it is and he still owns the bike, I know the guy. Doesn’t surprise me he was jinking.

lol

I don’t think it was a busa. It was Orange with black trim and dual pipes in the back. I didn’t get to look at it that long since he was moving so fast. I was too busy paying attention to the guy’s face when I drove past I barely noticed the bike.

:bowrofl:

Camry Vs Sport bike…sounds like a good race…haha

Sounds like a gross waste of tax payers money to me…

What do the police do thats productive? :dunno: There all :jerkit:

2 idiots weaving in and out of morning commute traffic on I70 sounds like a waste to me. I’m glad the cops came out in force and nailed them.

if you are racing a camry you deserve it

I was getting at the same thing.

I understand they’re “breaking down on aggressive drivers,” but the state has added a good number of new troopers to their count lately. I’m sorry, but I really think taxpayers money should be spent on making life better for citizens - of course one can say that stopping asshole drivers is better (and I’d agree to some extent of course), but I’d much rather see that money go to helping some people. Whether it be new schools/supplies or some sort of aid for animal shelters or food banks. That’s money well spent. I think PA is a lame ass state in regards to budgeting money. I’m not saying plug all the state revenue into welfare or unemployment and let people live on it forever, but I am saying there are a ton of other options other than state troopers. Not to mention pretty soon every road in PA will be a toll road, yet none are in good shape. IIRC there a good few bypasses and roads on just the western side of PA that were supposed to be free once they were “paid for” by tolls. Yet to see that one happen. I’m sorry, but PA wastes money and having 8 cops pulling over 2 cars is a typical example of such. I would think it especially poor if, as it seems to be described, the cops were all over the road causing a build up of traffic. Which, it seems like that would have to be the case as there’s no way 8 are fitting on the shoulder of any PA road (and naturally most roads around here have small ones or none at all anyhow).

http://www.theblueline.com/salary1.html

Interesting tid bit I found while searching for our Troopers salaries. Pittsburgh cops are paid #1 in the country relative to cost of living. Apparently, the ave/ave salary for a police officer is basically $30/hr. So even though I suspect Troopers are making more money, that’d be a min of say $240/hr for those 2 cars you saw. Not to mention the gas costs, car maintenance costs, insurance costs, officer’s personal benefits costs, pensions, disability, etc… I’m just curious as to how much range they cover that there were that many in one area. I guess the density is a little higher than I thought it was.

Maybe in that area, but not in Fayettenam. The coverage in this area, out of the Uniontown barriacks, which basically covers most of the county, is 7 troppers per shift, with only 4 on weekend shifts.

cops hiding is to make money. cops on the side of the road with lights on to make people slow down is for public saftey… which one does PA do?

Both