step on brakes, 4 ways come on

so i recently bought a 1995 chevy s10 and when i step on the brakes the 4 ways come on until i let off the brakes. does this have anything to do with the fact that the 4 ways button is broken inside of the top and mabye its jammed? if anyone has a fix for this please let me know.

thanks

do your turn signals work when the hazards are not on? if not it could be a jammed button

yeah they work normally. i figured it was a jammed button. is there a way to un-jam it? and how come it only happens when the brake is applied?

thank you for the help

It sounds to me like a bad bulb. Have you tried changing it?

no i havent but a bad bulb would do that? why would the lights be connected to the brakes? i dont get it

sounds like a bad brake light switch on the brake pedal

is it an easy fix? its pretty aggrivating to drive around like this and im not sure if i can get a ticket for it either.

I doubt the brake light switch is causing that problem.
Try replacing the bulbs. THey usually get corroded and fuck up.

The reason why i say, is because the same shit happened to my wifes honda civic a couple months ago.
Its only like 3 bux for the 2 pack. Give it a shot to see if that helps.

Good Luck!

thank you guys a ton. idk what id do without this site

what was the problem?

hahaha CAUTION IM STOPING hahaha

I dont think its fixed I was driving down transit today being fallowed by a s-10 that randomly had the hazerads going. unless this isnt the only truck with this problem…

lmaO…youre a fucking trip. lmfao

nah its not my truck. mines not on the road yet. i didnt fix the problem yet but without the people on this site id prolly have no idea what to do to fix the problem and pay some half assed shop 100 bucks to look at the problem then more money to fix it

:lolham:

so did you get new bulbs for it?

havent had time.

work owns me