Stock KA dyno... before my ka-t!!

Just had my car dynoed yesterday. The car made 126.3hp, and 135.3 torque. The motor has timing issues. When I put it at the stock 20 degrees it bogs, I have to put it past 25 degrees btdc, to make it run good. I think the cam timing must be off?? I have a 3 inch exhaust, cone filter, and 220k on the engine. I was running 87 gas which I am sure cost me a few ponies. Otherwise, is this a reasonable # for almost stock?? I will been freshening the motor soon, and going back to the same dyno when I am ka-t, hopefully I will break the 200 whp barrier!!

Milan

looks pretty right on to me… pretty much all stock ka power is named 130whp driftomobile~ in ur case its 126 :slight_smile: i think the 3" exhaust took some power away from ya

Those numbers sound about right, Milan. I doubt the gas octane cost you any power though.

Are you rebuilding? Stock rebuild? Upgrade? and don’t forget the compression test.

200whp shouldn’t be too far off.

I really don’t understand why people dick around with timing; the computer controls it.

By touching it at the distributor you’re just offsetting what the computer is doing; kind of pointless unless you have a standalone to adjust it.

thats pretty good . motor is healthy ! most of the stock ka dynos ive seen were around 100 - 120 whp

how much was it to dyno that KA? lol

it’s called base timing. the ecm works of of what the base timing is set at

just like base idle. set your base idle at 800 and the computer will try it’s best to keep it close to 800 but not to far from it’s stock presets. same for timing.

you say dickin around with timing is pointless? ever worked on a fuelie 5.0? adjust the timing to 25-30 degrees and see what happens. “dicking” with timing does make a difference.