Stole vehicle from dealership!!!!!

[quote=“TORQDSS,post:37,topic:38855"”]

he has already admitted to taking the check out of the paperwork, his excuse was that he wanted to go get a bank check after I already told him we accept personal checks (law covers us if its bad)

[/quote]

Well whatever. Looks like it’s all going to work out.

On a totally unrelated note, I’m seriously going to punch a fucking kitten the next time that somebody makes their business problems with their customers public discussion.

All dealers take checks for a nice sum of $, personal experience.

We wont take personal checks over $5000, must be certified or wired.

[quote=“Slopoke,post:38,topic:38855"”]

Im confused, how did you get all the dmv paperwork/plates on the car if the check was never submitted? I am also a salesmen and people dont/cant get plates until they are finished with finance. Doesnt the dmv need proof on ownership?

[/quote]

thats what we did, he signed everything, truck was cleaned up, full of gas and when i gave the check to the salesman to take it to the office to get it receipted they went over to the salesman’s desk and he got up to get an Onstar form from the printer and thats when he took the check out of the paperwork.

the problem is that the salesman never bothered to take the check into the office to get it receipted until the kid already left and thats when we realized the check was gone. this translated into no return phone calls for 3 days until yesterday when we told him we called the police

[quote=“Fry,post:41,topic:38855"”]

Well whatever. Looks like it’s all going to work out.

On a totally unrelated note, I’m seriously going to punch a fucking kitten the next time that somebody makes their business problems with their customers public discussion.

[/quote]

Yea so cut the shit and save the kittens

Double post.

[quote=“Slopoke,post:38,topic:38855"”]

Im confused, how did you get all the dmv paperwork/plates on the car if the check was never submitted? I am also a salesmen and people dont/cant get plates until they are finished with finance. Doesnt the dmv need proof on ownership?

[/quote]

Thanks, you saved me from asking the same question.

And did they turn in a vehicle or have their own plates? Sounds like some people aren’t crossing their t’s and dotting their i’s there.

And if you think he disabled the OnStar, then you think that he is honest about finishing up the deal?

Sorry, but my work won’t even take a check for $5.00 since there have been so many cases of fraud. It would at least be called in and checked to make sure it has the funds to cover. And then I would have the keys over to a $36k truck.

Man, good thing your dealership acts in a proffesionally manner …

you must hang out with misterio…

[quote=“OfficerK,post:34,topic:38855"”]

Ugh get Team Toda on this…apparently he is really good at tracking down stolen autos/parts!

[/quote]

haha I had a lot of help on that one

[quote=“Viper966,post:48,topic:38855"”]

Man, good thing your dealership acts in a proffesionally manner …

you must hang out with misterio…

[/quote]

I would say Basil of Wellsville acts very professionally (USE SPELL CHECK)

[quote=“J&J,post:50,topic:38855"”]

I would say Basil of Wellsville acts very professionally (USE SPELL CHECK)

[/quote]

haha im on a conf call… my bad

Onstar FTMFL

I wouldn’t be mad at the Salesman…who thinks someone will steal back their own check…that guy is stupid for thinking he would get away with this.

[quote=“StairSRT4,post:53,topic:38855"”]

I wouldn’t be mad at the Salesman…who thinks someone will steal back their own check…that guy is stupid for thinking he would get away with this.

[/quote]

salesman didnt follow policy

does the salesman know the kid…maybe their friends and he hooked him up…
HOW TH EHELL CAN ONSTAR NOT FIND HIM

tell us that one please!

[quote=“rugsr,post:55,topic:38855"”]

does the salesman know the kid…maybe their friends and he hooked him up…
HOW TH EHELL CAN ONSTAR NOT FIND HIM

tell us that one please!

[/quote]

Tell me first how you managed not to read the entire thread before you made this post.

What is the kid’s name? Just kind of curious as I am from that area and know pretty much everybody, kinda wondering who the ass-hat is.

I’m looking to buy a new Z06. Do you accept IOU notes written in crayon :slight_smile: And can I steal my neighbors car and use it towards a trade?

for all who think the dealership is screwed up, you all realize that you can hand over a personal check at any dealership when you buy a car, right?

and that if the check is bad or bounces you get arrested?

the salesman is at fault, not the dealership because the money gets receipted before anything else happens, thats policy. All i was doing was venting because i was furious

UPDATE:
I HAVE THE TRUCK BACK, I WENT TO THE PLACE THE GUY WORKS AND IT WAS PARKED INSIDE THE BUILDING (STEEL, THATS WHY ONSTAR DIDN’T WORK FOR THOSE WHO DIDN’T READ THE BEGINING OF THE THREAD)

I WENT TO THE POLICE STATION TOLD THEM WHERE THE TRUCK WAS AND WE WENT BACK AND SAID EITHER HAND OVER CASH, NO CHECKS, OR WE WILL BE TAKING YOU OUT OF HERE IN HANDCUFFS. HE KEEPS TELLING ME THAT HE IS BRINGING IN THE MONEY… I WILL WAIT BY THE PHONE AND HOLD MY BREATH.

ITS IN THE SHOP HERE.

So if he doesnt come through with the $ will you sell it as a new or used truck?