streched tires, why?

^This, to piss me off. jk

:cool:

The only part that pisses me off is where people deathly defend it… like on zilvia lol. So I created my own thread opposite “maximum wheel rubber fitment” or whatever I called it.

Most performance tires of today don’t have flimsy shitty sidewalls to begin with… Ideally you want a 0.5"-1" difference between wheel and tire. Basically pretty much straight… Fit too large a tire on a dinky wheel = shitty handling. Fit too small a tire on a massive wheel = retarded waste.

If you stretch a tire beyond a certain point you will just make your life less dear, it becomes easier to unintentionally slip and less forgiving… but obviously more responsive. Easier to initiate to slide… think ice skating.

I run 255s that run slightly wider on 9.5 all around with good success. Running small tires on big wheels is a waste of wheel… but as already stated in this thread, it’s a rainbow of reasons which don’t really benefit people. It’s mostly to be cool.

Most pro drifters now a days run ridiculous sizes 265, 275, 295… and make monster power… I think koguchi in his latest iteraton runs like 265 front and 295 rear… i could be mistaken… or is it 265 or 275 in the rear…

Grip = Higher speed drift possible.

Making the car slip at low speeds with shitty rear tires = easy to ‘drift’ but the wrong way to do it… good for beginnings.

I am not much of a drift fan to the exception of a few amazing drivers/cars… but the whole stretch ordeal is just silly. Everyone does it because everyone does it.