streched tires, why?

im baller because i have 205/55 on my 8 inch rim hahaha. Just joking they were the only used tires i could find for free before my inspection

right now my rears are 255 35 on a 11 wide and the fronts are 225 40 on a 10… lol

the bosozoku was actually a motorcycle gang that raped and murdered people all over japan. it somehow moved over to cars after a decade.

the more you know!

also!

Yeah man, definitely a bigger rim. That’s wide man. Looks like they’d rub-a-sub-sub if they were a tad bigger. You gotta be getting a slight rub on full lock in the front. It’s nice to see bigger tires stretched. Lots of dudes seem to stretch 2905’s-215 tops, majority being below 215 or so.

How do Quebec inspections work?

Damn. I want a 240 bad!!

Who wants to trade for an '02 Accent?!

I like your old rims. Also, is that Ali in the distance looking over towards you/your car?

haha yeah it is!

good old rhill meets

[QUOTE=Feint;477922 How do Quebec inspections work?[/QUOTE]

Well they are just like ontario inspections minus the etest. I had baldini’s on the back when i got pulled over so i got sent to inspection. Rather balony if i say so

I had to double check. At first I was thinking, “those are the rims Ali just got, nice!” then I looked up and saw a man checking out the rims with a, “yeah, I"m gonna be rocking those rims one day” kind of look". “Wait, is that Ali? It can’t be, that’d be too good to be true!” Thats what I call a candid shot.

Stretched tires make annoying people on the internet mad.

Thats why I do it.

Internet debatez.

^This, to piss me off. jk

:cool:

The only part that pisses me off is where people deathly defend it… like on zilvia lol. So I created my own thread opposite “maximum wheel rubber fitment” or whatever I called it.

Most performance tires of today don’t have flimsy shitty sidewalls to begin with… Ideally you want a 0.5"-1" difference between wheel and tire. Basically pretty much straight… Fit too large a tire on a dinky wheel = shitty handling. Fit too small a tire on a massive wheel = retarded waste.

If you stretch a tire beyond a certain point you will just make your life less dear, it becomes easier to unintentionally slip and less forgiving… but obviously more responsive. Easier to initiate to slide… think ice skating.

I run 255s that run slightly wider on 9.5 all around with good success. Running small tires on big wheels is a waste of wheel… but as already stated in this thread, it’s a rainbow of reasons which don’t really benefit people. It’s mostly to be cool.

Most pro drifters now a days run ridiculous sizes 265, 275, 295… and make monster power… I think koguchi in his latest iteraton runs like 265 front and 295 rear… i could be mistaken… or is it 265 or 275 in the rear…

Grip = Higher speed drift possible.

Making the car slip at low speeds with shitty rear tires = easy to ‘drift’ but the wrong way to do it… good for beginnings.

I am not much of a drift fan to the exception of a few amazing drivers/cars… but the whole stretch ordeal is just silly. Everyone does it because everyone does it.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/129865-wheel-fitment-whore-thread-stretch-flush-269.html

240xcsv. Ahmed or w.e Please stop posting. You rolled your fenders with pliers. PLIERS!!!. In a failure attempt to fit your
shitty/ugly wheels. Trying saying all that on Zilvia. They’ll rip you a new one because what your saying is bullshit.

And drifters attach there body kits with zipties and run around with no bumpers…

I dont think he said anything bad about stretched tires except there is no performance benefit save for making it easier for amatuer drifters to slide there car. I actually really like that red 180 you posted…its execution is really well done. I guess SON isnt a dictatorship like zilvia…we can build our cars any way we like.

EDITED for mr.weaves…

Ya and the stock fenders were bondo’d previously and already cracked, they were unrollable. I bent them out for function not form. I had a roller it was unrollable, nor do I care :slight_smile: However my car is most likely faster than yours on track, in the least it probably is alot grippier :wink:

Lol as stated, has anyone ever seen what a drift car looks like? Zip tied? Tied together. Taped. You name it lol.

Obviously I’ll be replacing my fenders and already have a 50mm front fender ready :wink:

Bottom line all those photos you posted are all show slammed rides that care for nothing more than looking pretty or sliding :blah:

Do you have to quote allllll the fucking pictures, noob.

LOL at the noob comment…I have been frequenting other car forums for a couple years, this just so happens to be the first time ive posted on SON. I forgot to delete the photos from the quoten (Im very well aware of forum etiquette) when I made my post, because I was in a hurry to get out the door…give me a break would ya.

All in good fun man. Just a big pet peeve of mine, and well I’m sure others too.

No problem man, haha…nothing wrong with a good natured joke :stuck_out_tongue:

I like stretched tires :smiley: theres my input