Street Racing Crash

I think the approach should be on the issue of “Street Racing” and how events like mine are trying to influence positive change in the Car Enthusiast Community.

With Stephen Harper’s conservative motions towards tougher penalties for street racers and legislation granting police full discretion and the use of profiling methods, I think we’ll see a very hot topic get even hotter.

I think there isn’t a street racing problem, rather a bad decision problem and the fact that people don’t see many outlets for their “need for speed”. But yes, most of all, it’s a fact that people make bad decisions and it’s unfortunate, but it’s not a fault of organized racing. Like all things, there’s a proper time and place.

There’s many ways that this fixation on speed can be channeled towards good. Even with our DriftStar event in July, we’re going to have a Charity Toy Drive and hopefully it’ll be our launch into help spread that message that even though we are car enthusiasts, it doesn’t mean we’re street racers, and we have a social conscience that motivates and empassions us to do well on the track and repsect the streets.

I know my collegues at work, at the shop and my peers that come to the track look foward to providing the alternative to the Hollywood Fast and the Furious crowd.

Let’s show 'em that just because a few idiots can really fuck things up, that we as a group of real enthusiasts aren’t like that.

Wut a waste

Expensive car and the guy cant even drive it.

Man this is just a waste… :frowning:

harper should put more emphasis on political accountabilty.

that gun control fiasco cost more than it would take to compensate all victims involved in every street racing accident in the country for the past decade and a decade to come and yet no one went to jail.

corruption is worse than street racing

the conservatives are unfortunately the more corrupt, some are idealistic and honest, but for the most part it’s just an act, they have their mistresses, they do the heavy drinking, they do the backroom shady deals to steal your christmas

the sad thing is the they must have made a deal with the rcmp, who then started the “investigation” into the liberals the day or something before elections, the rcmp effectively handed them the election, and now they get their graft, they get more money, more power, and the regular cops get to write more stupid tickets to make them more money

“I’ll lick your anus if you lick mine” might as well be their motto, which is why it all smells like the bullshit it is

did anyone mention that 2day’s the day that they are presenting the new law of “street racing” where it’s a criminal offence and gets longer time served, yadiyadiya…

now police is going to clasify every accident that has a sports car or import or a kid driving as “streeeeett raccingg”

It’s on the front page of the cbc news website now:

They also just destroyed two vehicles which were involved in street racing incidents in 2004 and 2005.

I’m sure someone can find more info on it, I heard it on the radio on the way into work this morning.

Yep, in Markham.

There is a law in Ontario called the Civil Remedies Act (or something like that) that allows police to seize instruments of crime.

These cars were seized and, today as part of a media stunt (that happily coincides with the tabling of the federal law), the York Region chief of police and Ontario’s attorney general both oversaw the crushing of two cars.

lmao I saw this on city tv, there was a chick cop that said, “it was possible that it was a street racing syndicate, also this car was possibly driving at speeds in exces of 200 miles per hour when it was cut in half.” I just scratched my head then said to myself, “that bitch is on cocaine.” hahah +200mph, thats over 324 km/h, and the car wasn’t cut in half, the front end is smashed. Aarg, people hurt my brain…

Wouldn’t be too far off.

Just playing devil’s advocate, but from what I understand, he was part of a group that is actively involved in promoting the “street racing lifestyle”. Can’t balme the cops for believing what people post on forums.

syn·di·cate P Pronunciation Key (snd-kt)
n.

An association of people or firms formed to engage in an enterprise or promote a common interest.

The car could have come close to that. Witnesses in the know peg it at close to 280 km/h.

And the car was cut in half. The engine was sitting in the express lanes after hitting a Cobalt and the rest of the car was in the collectors.

I hate that, damn that advocate of the devil :evil: lol, 280 still isnt close to over 200mph, when I said half I mean at the 50% mark that would be around the middle of the door and the mirror

Wow, thats nuts! I saw those same dudes racing along Lakshore Blvd along with a really sweet tricked out Yellow NSX yesterday at 6:00 or so. They were all driving like complete idiots. The news story mentions the possibility of a Yellow vette but I wonder if it was that same NSX.

I was pretty surprised to see the same car this morning on Breakfast Television after the wreck …I guess his luck ran out.[/quote]

it’s probably the NSX that they are looking for… But I didn’t see the NSX last night at all, only that guys corvette.[/quote]

it wasnt a nsx, it was 2 other vettes, all three single diget cars.

This is in no way official but I herd from my cousin today who knows the guy in the corvette who was in hospital in critical condition, and i’ve been told he was pronounced deceased today in hospital. R.I.P and my prayers are with you family.

I was talking with a cop at my work well i worked on hes truck, and the other 2 car’s where Corvette as well, and that they have gottin one of the other 2 guys.