stretched tires...

track prepped miatas running more power then spec miatas

the quote from Smaefer’s post was calling that stretching.

i’m all about the stretched look. do what you like.

Link for results? I am not sure what to search for to find what you are referring to. Because if I understand you right, you are saying that two miatas on the same wheels, the one with more power will go slower on wider tires?

And if the tire is within manufacturer’s spec for wheel width, then you aren’t stretching it. Most r-comps in a 205 will be in spec for an 8" wheel. Most walmart shit tires won’t be.

About too much tire…

I wonder why Lemans cars and the kind use skinny tires… Just kidding…

Its all about balance, suspension, alignment, power, weight, track and the list goes on and on.

Sure a 275 tire on a 8" wheel wont be used to its full potential on some cases. however it will still perform better than the 225 on most cases; especially autocross. It will act like a motorcycle tire… as camber changes there is always part of the tire in contact… For example: with a square 225 tire, the moment a major camber change happens, the less of the tire will be in contact with the ground.

Many professional racing teams are limited by rules as to the tire width and compounds they can use.

I laugh every time I see your sig… :wink:

stretched isnt bad, whatever, do what you like.

but staggered wheels on a fwd car i fucking hate. with a passion. srsly, its fucking retarded.

staggered in the rear. wide tires on the front for traction is dope. looks awkward but function>form

that was a great time that day! Nice driving.

search around on the spec miata forums and miata.net. for 2 spec miatas (very close to the same Hp) the one with wider tires (225 instead of 205) on anything but a super tight track will be slower do to the added rolling resistance weight and area.

if you add HP and are getting 150+ WHP then the 225 will be faster

i’m agreeing with you that i dont see a 205 on an 8" being stretched, like the article suggested, I had never thought about putting crap tires on the car though, good point.

Igot a set of wide rims sitting here with 205 size tires.Some kid dropped them off last night I guess. There is no fucking way we are mounting these. Silly vdub owners.

If it is not your car then it shouldn’t matter, do what you want and what you think looks good