Super Size Me

The tires, they are bad. Really bad.

You smell them and they gum up your lungs, like tar

the stickier tires are the worst, they cause testicular cancer because they stick to your balls

You should make a movie where you’re racing everywhere you go for a month, going from a dig every time someone asks you to. Show people how bad it is for you. Start with a compression and leakdown test and a lab analysis of all your fluids at the beginning so that people can watch how your car deteriorates over the course of the month.

Can i have mechanics telling me i need to stop before i blow the 10bolt out of my car?

Haha I really think a well done street racing parody of supersize me would become a cult classic.

it DOES NOT MATTER if people eat it 3 times a day or not. that wasn’t his point. it’s damaging food…it will hurt you if you eat it once a week. the movie doesn’t have to be mundanely real. that wasn’t its purpose. in the beginning of the movie, he shows the statement by the judge in the court case of the obese people vs. fast food … and he conducts his “experiment” according to that statement… eating fast food 3 meals a day.

No, not ding ding ding, Howie.

his message was that eating a lot of fast food is bad for you

if you don’t exercise. he showed that he gained weight,

but also, and I think more importantly, his health failed. INSIDE.

so most likely, his body would’ve been in the shitter even if he

walked as much as he did normally.

that’s why the lab results were included.

^ sooooo… why do you post like this?

I have to agree with Jimbo… Actually both of them. Most intelligent people know that McDonalds and all the other establishments like them are bad for you. Who cares to know why they are bad except that they ARE bad. I don’t know how trans fat works, I didn’t even know exactly what trans fat was until I asked my pal Audios. But, I did know that if people are advertising on food that they contain “No Trans Fats” or “0 Trans Fats” like on my bag of Kettle Cooked Lays BBQ potato chips, trans fats must be a bad thing.

To articulate Howie’s point again, we all know that computer viruses are bad, do most people know exactly why they are bad? No. Do they want to know, fuck no. It’s not rocket science to say that if someone at at McDonalds all the time that they would get fat and unhealthy. Obesity = Unhealthy regardless of how you got that way. Common sense is very often taken for granted these days, who would have thought? :wink:

I’m not arguing anymore about this, I’ll agree to disagree.

And I post like this because I dunno, I’ve done it for a long time and it’s just how I do.

Go eat nothing but lettuce for a month and tell me how your health is at the end.

Go eat nothing but tuna for a month and tell me how your health is.

How the hell can you sit there and say something is so bad and try defending tooth and nail when you dont even know what the ingredients in the food are?

No, not ding ding ding, Howie.
his message was that eating a lot of fast food is bad for you
if you don’t exercise. he showed that he gained weight,
but also, and I think more importantly, his health failed. INSIDE.
so most likely, his body would’ve been in the shitter even if he
walked as much as he did normally.
that’s why the lab results were included.
^ sooooo… why do you post like this?

Because that movie is just as real as Fahrenheit 911. Ya its got info in it, but it is very far from the truth and has the info spun in a way to fit what they want and not accurately cover the topic.

Hehe. Your posts are so ironic when taken in conjunction with the Daily Show quote in your sig.

lol, doesn’t happen much, but Jeeves and I actually agree… lol

I think its funny that places like McDonalds that have the “healthy choice” menu or w/e they call it, are still just as bad for you.

^haha yeah, like the salads that have more calories than the burgers once you put the dressing on. :stuck_out_tongue:

i have not read most of this thread, but every time i see it show up, I immediatly
want a Big Mac. :frowning:

even when i’m not hungry.

Oh god.

You’re correct. It’s a movie. It’s main purpose is to entertain, not be applicable to most of its viewers in their everyday life.

So let me get this straight. You’re arguing that this documentary had a purpose. The purpose was to show that eating 3 fast food meals a day were harmful to health. Earlier, you argued that controlling the variables (i.e. physical activity) was not “life.”

So what are you trying to say? He went out to test a hypothesis and didn’t actually test the hypothesis because if he controlled confounding variables it would be unrealistic. However, now you’re saying the movie doesn’t have to convey mundane realism because the movie itself is based on an unrealistic premise.

So I guess if you were arguing with yourself, you would have a hard time coming to a conclusion.

I’m going to have a big mac meal for dinner now. :smiley:

Don’t do it don’t do it don’t do it. Fat people on sport bikes make me giggle.

Do the restaurants that serve seafood process the fish, add preservatives, fats and other chemicals to it and THEN serve it to their customers? If so, then yes, they should tell people what they are putting in their food. But they don’t, so like usual, your analogy is irrelevant.

You’re being a total dumbass with what you are saying. Think about it, by your logic, you could say that drinking nothing but pepsi and eating nothing for a whole month isn’t going to be healthy for you. Or eating twinkies for 30 days will make you feel like shit. Mcdonalds has a wide variety on their menu including salads, sandwiches, burgers, fries, fruit, dessert and so on. You can make it a 3 meal a day place. Eating fish 3 times a day for 30 days is totally different.

I’m not fat, so I am not blaming anyone for anything that has happened to me. But there is tons and tons of factual research out there saying that most americans do not have time to cook their own food and depend heavily on fast food. Do you disagree with this?

Did you conveniently skip over what I posted about what the physicians said? They knew already what was in the food. They know what each ingredient is and how it affects the body. Yet they were still stunned at how incredibly sick his body was after only 20 days. Are they unintelligent then? Do you know more than a doctor?

This just about sums up why I created this thread:

Take it how you will. This wasn’t meant to be a “THIS JUST IN!!! NEW DISCOVERY THAT FAST FOOD ISN’T HEALTHY”. Rather, it’s more about showing people how poisonous the ingredients in their food really is. And basically, it really isn’t that hard for these places to serve healthier food. But it’s all about making that dollar. Haven’t you guys noticed that the portions are getting smaller and smaller? Yet they charge they same amount if not more (including inflation) for their meals?

Idk, shit like that pisses me off. But what do I know? Im just thin, pretty fit and don’t like to get raped in the ass by monopolized companies serving poisonous foods :smiley:

Eh, you’re kind of twisting things around. He purposely decreased his activity in order to get the same amount of exercise that the average american gets daily. Reguardless of how much activity he had, his liver and gall bladder still had to take on the extra work. Have you ever heard of scarring of the liver?

HAHAHA OMG LOL. Yeah howie, I eat mercury when im at home.

See above about liver and gall bladder.

:stuck_out_tongue:

People who eat crap, deserve to look and more importantly live (health wise) like crap.

I won’t respond to this post or anything else in this thread, this is my 2 cents, take it leave it.

I have read both sides of the argument and both sides have good points and I see where everyone comes from.

But, I have no sympathy for anyone who has health problems for eating junk food AND/OR living a sloth like lifestyle.

The only thing that factors into this (fast food issue) IMO would be income in certain scenerios. And I won’t get into that, because it’s not even an issue in this thread, and a whole different issue.

The movie was good, but it was a movie. I also enjoy his series on FX FYI.

Word.

But the problem does effect everybody. With the projected rate of obese children, by the time we are 50, healthcare is going to be insanely high. Kids that are obese right now at the age of 12 have a gigantic chance of getting diabetes and other diseases by the time they are 30. So yeah, right now we aren’t seeing much of a change in anything, but do you really want the country to be run by fat fucks when you are retired? That is my main concern.