Supplements, whats your stack?

JW for people that do take supplements and workout what your stack is and how theyve been working for you. :eekdance:

Heres Mine.

Pre Workout- No Xplod (BSN)
During Workout- Volumaize (BSN)
Post Workout-Halo (MuscleTech)
6 Nitrix Tabelts a Day (BSN)
8 Atro Phex Tablets a Day (BSN)

Started in Iraq and was able to cut my weight from 203(13Dec07) to 170 Even (16Feb09).

Maxed my max weight

Deadlift-425
Flat Bench-275
Squat-475

u proly shoulda just posted that in the workout thread but i guess ill just copy and paste what i typed out last night…

Like i sid before u need to do ur best to weed out the rip offs, and i mean straight up RIP OFFS. Heres my stash

Multivitamin: Universal animal paks-Universal has been making supplements for over 20 years and they have an excellent reputation. One thing i notice about taking animal pak multivitamins is that i sleep much better and more importntly i wake up much better than when i stop taking them, (the only reason i stop taking them is when i run out)

Protein:GNC brand (pro performance) or muscle milk, gotta love cookies and cream muscle milk. I usually make a shake using the gnc whey every morning before i work out. Usually ill throw some strawberries and a banana in the blender to make it taste a little better. I make it with 2 cups of skim milk. Then post workout i put a scoop of muscle milk in a tall glass of skim milk. Then one more gnc shake before bed.

Pre workout (nitric oxide)- I have found in my research that nitric oxide truly varries from person to person. if u go on bodybuilding.com or anabolicminds.com and look at the supplement review threads, u will find that there are many different nitric oxide products that people say are the best, so it is really up to u. I use gaspari nutrition superpump 250. it gives me a great pump and i feel very focused. I have heard some people call it super “dump” 250 kuz it gives u the shits rly bad, but this has never happened to me. Although the best reviewed nitroc oxide supplement i have seen is white flood by controlled labs. I have never tried it but i am yet to see a negative review on it!

Post workout (creatine)-Whenever i start to research a supplement i immidiately go to the bodybuilding.com supplement awards. For 2008 the creatine product of the year was BSN cell-tech, and i have always used it. I started seeing some great gains when i started taking it about 2 years ago, and when i went off it for a little bit i didnt lose all kinds of mass like some creatines will do to u. Some people say u should only take true creatine, otherwise known as “creatine monohydrate”. I have always used BSN cell-tech so i couldnt tell u if true creatine monohydrate is ne better.

Joint support-I have tendonitis in my left knee so i take osteo sport, it sure does the trick, but unless u have joint problems u rly dont need it.

To answer ur question about bsn, just go here, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/supplementawardpage.htm

those awards are taken pretty seriously, they have a lot of merrit to them. And it wont take u long to see that bsn wins all kinds of awards, including supplement brand of the year. You can see that N.O. explode won nitric oxide supplement of the year. I used to take it but i grw tolerant of it very quickly. Kind of weird, and i also read that the same thing happened to many other people, but it did the trick while it worked for me. But i would have to say that bsn is my favorite company. their stuff isnt super overpirced and it works.

Remember, you dont need to take all kinds of supplements! i used only whey powder for a couple years. Only in the last year or so have i been using supplements, and if i didnt feel they were doing anything, i would stop taking them! They are not absolutely necessary. BUT! I highly recommend using whey protein and a multivitamin, they are essential if you want ur body to be running at its best. Why would you do all that work and not mximize your potential? Multivitamins especially are of paramount importance for cell and muscle recovery. Hope this helped

P.S. If anyone is looking into prohormones (yes they are legal) make sure you do an INSANE amount of research. Prohormones really pack the size on but you have to be very careful, and using cycle support is necessary.

edit—> I just won 40 bucks on a scratch off…

I am currently in weight loss phase no building so I am doing an EC stack with a multi and fish oil. Nothing special but it works great for loss.

aaaaallllll natural organic for me.

OK so i gotta bump this,

Who has tried NO xplode? Im thinkin about mixin that in with my muslce milk (cookies n’ cream ftw / cake batter). Any good results in size or ability to get out more rep @ higher weight? Im lookin for something to help add some size and gimme a good decent pump.

NO explode won nitric oxide of the year for 2008. I personally love bsn products but i grew a tolerance for NO explode pretty quickly. I use MRI Black Powder. Be adivsed though, most nitric oxide products contain niocin B3 which can cause acne and small itching rashes. Its not a big deal though, just make sure u shower after ur workout all the time and invest in some acne face wash and u should be fine. If ur looking to plateau bust zero rest supersets are the best way imo. And when i say zero rest i mean zero rest. Some people think its ok to take 10 to 15 seconds rest in between sets and they wonder why they dont see any improvments. You need to make sure you are taking as little time as possible in between the sets and the supersets themselves.

Yeah ive been doin some research into this and that was mentioned before to. I dont think showering is an issue , i kinda dont like being nasty smelling, and i always use some kinda facewash anyway. I think this just might be the shit that could help a bit. Thanks.

It’d probably be cheaper for you to just buy steroids.

So many chemicals. I hope the level of unnatural crap you guys play around with doesn’t end up causing cancer in the name of burlyness. I know there’s a solid scientific foundation behind it all, but still. :ohnoes:

I’ll toss a scoop of ON Whey in the blender a couple of times a day. I never remember to take my vitamins.

Testosterone Enanthate 800mg/wk
nandrolone cypionate 400mg/wk
Anadrol 50mg/day

after I get to 210, I’m going to start cutting

x2

There’s probably a more solid scientific foundation in anabolic steroids than in the supplement of the month.

I really only have 1 whey shake a day. I bought creatine 189 but its been sitting unused for about 2 months now :lol:

I am not a fan of getting a lot of protien from powders, I’d rather eat my way there, even though, 6 meals-7 meals a day gets expensive.

American Whey Protein (1 when I wake up, then pre and post workout)
ON Casein Protein (1 before bed)
ON Creatine ( Pre and post workout)
Sci Fit Caffeine pills(Pre workout)
ON Superior BCAA 2222 pills (with every meal & shake)

I do 1 serving at each time, except post workout is 2 servings whey. I don’t consider multivitamins or fish oil supplements, cause everyone should be taking those whether they work out or not.

I feel the BSN and Muscletech stuff is ridiculously overpriced compared to the competition. I don’t know why people use it…

Testosterone Propionate

HGH
GNC Pro Performance 100% whey
Wheybolic Extreme
createne 189
water

I’ve finally gained 8 lbs (up to 148) and benched 225 last week, nothing but natural for me. I drank a lot of kool aid recently though.

So you have a prescription or several thousand dollars to get HGH injections?

that’s impressive for your weight… I always get pissed when I see dudes who are like 150lbs benching more than I can… I’m lucky to get a single rep of 200, but I’m also at the end of a cutting cycle.

i will not respond to that question in a public forum.

thanks man I appreciate that. I’m not as strong as my max bench makes people think, but it’s definitely cool to put the weight up when a much bigger person used the machine last

and to stay on topic: does anyone use the GNC men’s multi pack? seems convenient as shit, which is great since I’m lazy and uninspired