Surround Sound Help please!

Alright, so im having some problems and it seems like I have tried every combo of wire’s going to the in/outputs and nothing is working. I have a surround sound reciever, satillite box, and an HDTV. Can anyone tell me where all the cables need to go?:stuck_out_tongue: As of right now I have )from the satillite box) “HDMI OUT” to the surround sound reciever port “HDMI SAT IN” From there I have (from reciever to TV) HDMI OUT to HDMI1 IN on the T.V. I have picture but no sound. Any help is much appreciated

are your speakers connected to the receiver or are you trying to get sound from the tv’s built-in speakeres

PM’d

u need a fiberoptic cable if you want to run sound out of the receiver

Im running 5.1 so the speakers are hooked up to the reciever. The guy at future shop said some recivers have the hdmi port that is only visual, Im guessing this is my case. So pretty much where do the Red/white’s go in the T.V and reciever

what exact model is your receiver?

non-audio HDMI? that defeats the entire purpose of HDMI.

you can use optical as suggested above (optical OUT from sat box to optical IN on receiver, making sure you are using the same input number as your hdmi video input)

or you can use analog (the red & white plugs) again, you’d do: audio OUT from satbox to audio IN on receiver

again make sure the input number on the receiver is the same as your hdmi input

then just match up each channel… FR to FR, FL to FL, RR to RR, RL to RL, sub to sub

^^ Try it out when I get home, thanks guys

you will have to turn on the audio out on the reciver for the output you are running, the reciver doesnt know what are are doing, it will be in the sound setup menu

farmer