Suspension people please for the love of god help

The washer shown on the top right of that pic, did you put it above or below the strut mount on the strut shaft?

My coilovers did come with a washer. Mine came with a lock nut

I’d pull it back off and check to see if the strut mount’s bearing can turn freely when it’s on the shock, assembled, with the top nut torqued.

If it’s not, figure out why lol.

^ Exactly.

wait pull the top nut and see if the sound is still there? I dont wanna pull everything out AGAIN it is a tedious process. There is only one nut that holds everything together. If you look at the picture number 4 is seperate from 5. 4 is the actual bearing that sits on the spring. 5 is the mount which 4 sits in.

tedious or not it may be they only way to solve it. Is this suspension like the passat do you have to drop the spindle and shit to get it out? I did a cup kit on a newer passat and it was the hugest pain in the dick I have ever experienced.

Have to to pull axle, disconnect sway endlinks, ball joints and support the hub while you use a spreader bit like a MK4 and pull the strut outta hub

LOL FUCK THAT

Exactly.

Gotta love FWD :lol

Any response from the coilover company yet?

i was going to say don’t buy coilovers if you don’t want to go back in there and mess with them.

and i’m still saying that lol

but with mine it was just sway bar, pull the bolts out of the knuckle, and the three on the top mount and just pull it out.

Yes he said the spring should be loose on the perches but its not told me to put some moly-graphite lube between the spring and perches and that should quite them up.

Lowering springs dont do enough for me need moar lowzzzz

well good because it looks like low is all you get with this set.

you are saying the spring should be able to rotate on the pearch? my coils are out of the car, i’m going to see if i can rotate the spring freely.

still think it would compress to the point that it wouldn’t spin freely when the car is on the ground though.

you say the kit didn’t come with washers? looks like i see two in your pic

that exploded pic is my exact coild over just the same way they are setup

you mean its NOT your exact coilover?

UPDATE!!!

Issue has been resolved. We had to grind 2mm of material off inside the bottom of both springs. I then for insurance put the noise coil wrap on every other coil up to as well as some hi temp M1 grease on the upper and lower perches. NOT A SOUND now. Dont worry i also email the company and informed them of all this.

Crazy man! My $300 Rokkor jointz fit perfect. Glad to hear you got it figured out.

Yeh man you have no idea how happy i am now. because its fixed i spun them down a little more

So I was right about the sling popping on the perch ?