Suspension...

I just got an S13 in great condition and I plan on doing mostly Autocrossing and perhaps a few lapping/Solo1 events! I know…NO Drifting! Would AGX adjustables with springs be good enough or should I go with Coilovers?

Thanks!

start out with just shocks and springs and then move to coilovers when you get tired of them

I know that the KYB AGX w/ S-techs/Pro-Kit or whichever spring you decide to go with is a very good combo. Feels great on the street as it’s not too harsh and should be able to handle the track and autoX. However, coilovers give you a lot more adjustability…i.e camber… height, preload, etc…

In the end, coilovers might be better, I have Megan Racing Streets and they work great for me.

Varun can get them for you, I believe that they are around the $1200 price range.

Or another options thats becoming very common for auto-x guys is using koni adjust race struts/shocks with ground control coilover combo. Its more difficult than any other coilover set-up, but the pay off from the reviews look good. I’v been reading about them for a few months now and I just started buying up all the pieces I need. http://nissanroadracing.com/vbulletin/index.php

^^^ i know of some guys that love the gc combo’s with koni’s

personaly

with everything iv put into my car
coilovers were by far the biggest bang for your buck. i refuse to drive a 240 with out coils there that good of an improvement