"Suspiscion of street racing" bill back on docket

i get pullled over everyday wiht my 240sx :frowning: and no im not sliding or speeding.
i wish i was older.

To me it’s not much different than the whole “officer’s discretion” nonsense they have now.

If a cop doesn’t know anything about cars (they’re not trained) I don’t think his “discretion” really applies.

Is it really that hard to stick with a system of law that is based on crimes ACTUALLY taking place, not on SUSPICION?

As in, if you see me street racing, arrest me and charge me with street racing, impound my vehicle.

Don’t impound my vehicle because you think I’ve modified it for the sake of street racing.

It’s like impounding someone’s car for having a cellphone in it.

If it rings, and you talk on it, you might cause an accident. Having it in the car is reason enough to assume you will use it irresponsibly n’est-ce pas?

Oh wait … people HAVE ACTUALLY DIED because of cellphone use. Remember that woman that drove her truck straight into the river out near New Market and killed herself and her kids?

She was talking to her sister on the phone when she failed to notice the road ending, a stop sign and a river.

Hell, New York is trying to ban iPods + walking. Why? Because dumb fucks can’t be trusted to not look up before they cross the road.

But, made up crimes that are stretched to fit the bill somehow get instant legislation? I still love hearing about single car accidents that are the result of street racing. He was so fast, he was racing himself.

I have not found any documentation regarding weather the bill of upmost stupidity has passed or not. Perhaps someone other than myself is looking into the situation and has some more recent information ?