Swap or Conversion first?

Okay, I might be picking up my second 240sx within the next week or two and I was planning to do an S15 front end conversion and SR20DE swap.

I was wondering if it would be easier to swap the engine before or after the conversion. I dont have enough money to have both done simultaniously before winter.

Im planning to do the engine swap with a friend and having the conversion done by a licensed mechanic that has prior experiece.

Please provide valid information and detail to your answer.
No flaming or post count boosting pl0x. If you have nothing effective to say other than stating the obvious, than please dont chime in.

well sr20de is kind of a waste of money you should do the s15 front end unless your going sr20det then do tthe motor first may i just ask why no turbo?

de’s are SICK. fuck the haters!

Basically its just preference and turbo setup will be an unwanted cost at this time.

Im not planning to make it into a beast or i’d stick with the KA and go high boost.

I’d prefer to have the high revving SR engine. In the future, if I so choose to go turbo or want aftermarket parts, there will be availability.

I prefer the S15 look more so than flip lights but the wiring complication is my only concern so far.

dont worry im not a hater just wondering if you plan on going T within the next year hit up a srde then when you get the time/money go turbo there are endless amounts of aftermarket parts for the sr s15 front end is good but there your kinda a ricer my $0.02

lol ricey? okay well im glad i didnt mention the 22 inch chrome rims, the spinners and the sick decals Im having made. :cool: (sarcasm)

anyways, to each his own. I’ll be happier with it because to me, Its like a boob job… Unnatural but attractive.

personally, i’d do go before the show. but then again, i prefer speed more than an awesome looking car. and sides, the swap will prolly be cheaper to do than the body work.

I’ve decided on what to do, close thread please. :slight_smile:

toss the motor in first, i would assume it takes less time because from what i’ve heard of the s15 conversion (which look dirtttty as hell) there is so much involved with cutting and molding. The motor if you bust balls can be done much quicker… and truth be told your going to want to drive your car as much as possible this summer right? who cares how long someone has it in the winter imo

loool

yes ripp, thats why I decided to do.

Re Ameyami, what are you incinuating with that laughter, hm?

The fact that you’re asking makes him laugh more. :slight_smile:

haha way she fuckin’ goes.