techno geeky people help 60hz vs 120hz

IDK having both now…

Its a trade off to be honest… Plasma shows the picture for what it reall is… which well can be a good thing, or a bad thing…

For instance, watching Standard Def programming (with DirecTV) at least, looks like absoloute shit on my Plasma, where on the LCD not so bad. But in HD the plasma looks so much better than the LCD

Plasma doesnt have true motion, with a “lower” quality input such as a cable box/satellite box so Juddering is much more noticeable, where as with the 120HZ LCD with true motion turned on it brings a smoother picture (this varys from channel/channel)

LCD’s have a darker filter, meaning blacks on a quality LCD look black, liek when your TV is off, where as with a plasma, what most precieve as “black” is more like a lighter/washed out black (more so in a room with ambiant light), but Plasmas shadow detail in dark scenes is much better, and black levels stand our more and don’t wash out like an LCD due to its backlighting (unelss its local dimming)

theres a ton more…

This is my first personal plasma experiance, (not just calibrating friends TV’s) actually being able to sit down (with moer than 30 hours on this TV now) and watch it for what it is…

and its love/hate…

I will make my final judgments after I pass the 200 hour mark and the phosphor has time to age showing PQ for what it really is

YOU REALLY have to shop around with plasmas, because it seems as though their tollernce between a “shitty” plasma and a good plasma is not as great as with LCD’s… Where as with an LCD you can get away and still make out pretty good with a Mid-lower end LCD

Plasmas, shitty plasma is shit, good plasma is good… hard to find something in between