Thanks for the fence neighbor!

This was done in a matter of a few hours while I was at work. I assuming they had to dig some holes…but have no way to confirm this. On top of the gap, there’s plies of dirt all over my driveway.

I’m pretty confident she’s prepping to sell. In the 4+ years of living there we’ve been very friendly to one another. Hell, during the Oct. storm I shoveled her whole driveway so she and her elderly mother weren’t trapped for days. We’ve never had any beef…I really think this is a matter of her selling and being able to say “private back yard” Also, I’m a responsible 28 year old…there’s really nothing I could do that she could get me busted for.

Any idea on where to go to start the motions? City hall downtown was my best guess to get started…

lol, i was going to look up the zoning ordinance and give it a quick read to see what it said about fences/setback lines but buffalo:

To view the City’s zoning districts or to check the zoning for a property, come to the Permit Office, room 301

lol, wtf welcome to the digital age buffalo time to get that shit online.

I’d look over your survey very closely; then talk with her about it. If she refuses or becomes hostile, then go to the town and see if she pulled any permits. Which she has to do I believe.

I’m working on the permits, and permissions and such to put a bunch of fencing on my property; and even though I don’t get along with my neighbors, I’m still talking to and asking them about it before I go do it.

If its plastic, plastic melts, you have strait pipes on the mustang?

Play with the mustang, add some extra gasoline, and oops, the fence was so close to my driveway it melted down.

I’m guessing that’s the same room I went to get a permit for when I built my deck, thanks for your research:)

no prob, that’s about 50% of what i do everyday so i can breeze through them quicker than someone unfamiliar with codes. Sucks that they dont have them available.

We deal with this occasionally where we get a piece of land and in our preliminary surveys we find that a neighbor installed fence 20yrs ago across the property line. Most of the time it’s easier/cheaper just selling that piece off to the neighbor than having to fight it and get the fence torn down.

What are the set backs in your area? They have got to be at least 6" I would think.
When my sister sold her house in Snyder they discovered that her neighbors fence was on their property, which made for a fun transaction.
This is why I own 15 acres and live in the woods with no one around. :smiley:

Seriously though, check the set-back rules.

Edit: Whoops, you beat me to it.

Dude. It’s not exactly a chicken wire fence in Spaulding Lake. :uhh:

I think I had better just stay out of this thread. Have fun with your feud! :wave:

found some codes, any chance that fence is higher than 7’?

Off-street
parking facilities shall be effectively screened on
each side which adjoins or faces the side or rear
lot line of premim used for residential purpoees
or situated in any R District That part of the
screening required by thii s u k t i o n which is
situated within sixty (60) feet of the street lot line
of such adjoining lot or as far back of such line as
the rear of any dwelling on such adpining lot,
whichever distance is greater, shall consist of a
mlid fence or unpierced m n r y wall not less
than four (4) feet or more than aeven (7) feet high
and maintained in good condition; alternate
screening may be provided if its design is
submitted to the City Planning Board and
approved by the Common Council

edit: code 511-115.E(1)(a)[1]

The poor woman just can’t take looking at that sexy Taurus any longer. :wink:

In the case of a one-family or two-family
dwelling. one side yard may be reduced to
not less than 18 inches, provided that the
sum of both side yards is not less than the
required sum. and provided that the
distance between the proposed dwelling
and any dwelling or permitted dwelling
location on an adjacent lot having a blah blah blah

sounds like the fence has to be at least 18" off her property line.

edit: zoning ordinance 511-115.C(3)

that could be while all the other neighbors have the hedge row/then the fence layout too

In Lancaster, any fence has to be at least 1’ in to our property. (or 1’ away from our neighbors) in all locations.
and there’s some height restriction too… But as posted, your zoning codes are different from mine ;d

If they had to dig though, I’d be pissed.
because if they dig and pour concrete or some shit in a hold 2" away from your driveway… when it gets cold and all that shit expands, could fuck up your driveway. (if they poured concrete its probably a lot closer than 2" since it has to be a 6" circle i believe).

just park a beat up old truck on your 12" of property she cut off, tell her to suck a dick when she flips out, its on your property so it must be your fence

Not looking for a fued…just what my rights are.

Ah, come on! You had to go there didn’t you…

Thanks RedDawg! I’m going to stop into city hall asap.

My neighbor was going to let me do that whole elbow to the garage thing.

Then, after I bought all my stuff, they changed their mind :confused: cost me 2x because her kids were far too annoying to NOT put a big fence up.

Yea… I’m putting a section of mine RIGHT on the property line… it’s to add some privacy between my house/land and the neighbors rental house which is RIGHT on the line. So we talked and agreed to putting one on the line.

Cheektowaga said as long as we both agreed, then I was fine doing it otherwise I had to do that 18" or whatever rule it is.

big fucking deal, holy shit.

does it really matter if the fence is a foot or so too close? Is it going to make THAT much of a difference?

if it was a decent high quality fence I wouldn’t complain, but wow that is just ugly and really does not go with the style of the neighborhood… I would looks into getting your lines and easements all figured out and bringing it to her or your building inspector and fight it