the banning of automotive modifications

has any one else been reading in the past month about the gov’t trying to ban any kind of mods done to cars. ive been reading small parts in project car mag and modified mag.

what are your opinions on this

i know i take car tuning as a hobby
i don’t want the gov’t telling me what my hobbies are

99% of the stuff on the market is “illegal” unless it has carb cert, it’s off road use only

this isnt cali.

I thought we were going to discuss a permaban for geehee and cougarspeed

lol i totaly thought moderators were gunna get the ban stick. however i do not want obama to take my guns away. :tinfoilhat:

I can think of some mods that should be banned. Faggot colored wheels, stretch and poke, retardedly stupid pointless camber, wider wheels on the back of a fwd car, and bags. Just typing the phrase stretch and poke makes me want to munch myself in the face. Basically just kill all the retarded VW MK4 and MK5 owners.

The California Air Research Board has no control over the rest of the country.

so you want to ban mods which people use to express themselves? They may be able to ban streched tires if they deem them unsafe, but the rest of it would be just a fggt move.

Yeah there was a recent blitz amount a lot of magazines to put out cover stories about “killing hotroding” or “modding” etc. One such article: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/hotnews/1011phr_november_2010_bangin_gears_editorial/index.html

The cover asks the question, “Can they kill hot rodding?” To read that, you might think this is just another ploy to sell magazines. Now check the rest of the newsstand and look at some of the other covers. You’ll notice many of them have a similar theme. That’s not by accident. Those of us in the industry see the dark regulatory clouds on the horizon, and we’re circling the wagons. The subject won’t necessarily be popular or upbeat, but we’ve decided to unite so that we can make sure all hobbyists get the message, no matter what magazine they read or what kind of car they drive.

But the problem with this is that they don’t cite specific regulation that’s being proposed and instead want you to go to:

If you want to know what lawmakers are proposing in your state, you should log on to www.SEMASAN.com and become a member of the SEMA Action Network (SAN). It’s free.

… Where you’ll give them money to lobby the Gov.

It’s true there are people out their that would rather we’d all be riding bikes instead of modding cars for fun, but show me where things are actually at risk.

What is it like a $5 billion dollar industry? Not gonna happen.

The site does have some interesting info. Like here for NY: http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?ID=61857

Sounds like a great way to get the unemployment rate even higher.

proof of them being unsafe plz.

How does one munch ones face?

Express that they are fucking sheep and do whatever some other faggot does to express themselves? Yeah, ban all that shit!

wasnt there some fake bill on here last year where someone was trying to ban all aftermarket parts and cars with turbos, and awd and a bunch of other stupid shit lol

So, you’ve never done something because someone else did EVER?

i just find this a little rediculous that they want to take a pride, passion, and a hobby away from so many people

you guys are so emotional

You’re still talking…