The Official NYSpeed.com $1003 performance build off

howie post the official rules of this thing…please

Indeed, because I think I’ve found a car for this already. Tis’ driving me nutty, for some reason I can’t help but love this idea.

what do the winners get?

The GRM link I posted, they have the rules for their version of the challenge. it won’t all apply, but it’s a good start. ex.: you can buy a car and sell parts you don’t need for profit, up to a certain amount; “free” parts should be counted at “fair market value”, etc.

$1003 a person or for all five people on the team???

Love the idea, but would need more details and official rules to say if I am definitely in.

For the whole car $1003 per team of 5.

re-read the very first post.

This is why GRM uses “Fair market value” on things that were obtained for free…

the GRM rules should be the basis for this

Why not have a 10 person team and participate in the GRM challenge?

/drama
/rules questions
/thread

Personally, I’d rather do something local, with smaller teams. I dont have a desire to compete in GRM.

local is cooler

we’ll be lucky to get 5 guys on the same page, and you want to get 10 guys tihnking kinda sorta the same?

Agreed, and even 5 seems somewhat excessive given the scale.

I want to do neither.

I have seen how stupid people can be with with a budget 7 times as much (and not even their own money), and with more resources and time.

If you dont want to do either why are you in this thread?

im in if i could team up with someone. we need onyx to document this on video so we can have our own version of the Top Gear $1000 car / $100 car thing.

Im in … we already have a car setup for something like this … all we need to do is a trans swap to run a road course …

I have all paperwork for all purchases

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/soccaian/0207scc_wallpaper01_800x600.jpg
Can my car look like this?