The Official NYSpeed.com $1003 performance build off

hmmmm, what if i already have a motor/tranny combo just lying around??? I already know where to find a chasis.

you are already half way there

i cant see this working

California gets all the cool events:
24 Hours of Lemons
$500 limit excluding safety equipment, 24 hours on a real track. Be sure to check out pics and videos from this year and the rules too.

:rofl: The name of the event alone is great…

haha, thats wat i was thinking

Curious to know what competitions are going to be involved, the $200 Wagon of Doom RallyX beast might be a good starting point.

This could be alot of fun.

anybody wanna team up with me or use me as free labor? im too poor to go in on this by myself, however i do have a coupple good connections where i could get a car.

Id be in on this, i dont really know many people on this board. This might be a good way for me to meet some New people. Im in :confused:

post up if this is def going to happen and the rules… count me in…

id go in on this depending on who im teamed up with and when it starts.

who gets the car in the end? lol

race for pinks!!!

I need an answer before i can make a decision.

How about these rules…

-$100X, X should represent the calendar year.
-After the competition if anyone offers $120X for the car you must sell. This means the car is actually worth what the competitors say, the car can not be used for a subsequent year competition(the competitors will not compete against themselves), and everyone makes $40 for their labor (nothing more). This probably should be given a timeframe of one month after the last event.
-Instead of 0-100-0, have a stop-run-stop from a section on Dunnville’s front straight. To get up to speed use and part of Curve Grande that does not include corner dynamics. Stop section can be similar to GT’s box. Lowest time wins.
-Since it’s 5 team members each memeber must do a seperate competition. This means no shoe-ins. One for drag, fuel mileage, auto-x, road course, and stop-run-stop.

I think it would be fun…maybe not enter the GRM challange but maybe model the rules somewhat after it…and like Jeremy said have an overall competition so its fair across the boars like SCC Ultimate Street Car Challenge

Sounds like fun, I think I’d be in. I like MPD’s rules, they seem the most fair. I think if you have parts already lying around then they should “cost” you the fair market value like GRM says. As for a prize I think it would be just for fun, or maybe just a trophy and bragging rights. There should also be a no cost limit on “saftey” features like tie rod ends , wheel bearings, replacement fuel lines and gas tanks.

ahh but thats where good car selection comes into play…if u can find a car with a nice tight front end then ur ahead of the game

fair market value of that engine is more than 1k, and you know it :slight_smile:

I’m down, and could scrounge up a couple guys. When’s it going to be official? Prizes?

HAHA I just read the thread that started this whole thing. Who’s on Team Saturn?? :lol: