The town of colonie hates america and local businesses

It’s official, the town of colonie hates america and doesn’t support local businesses. They told me to take down my two flags out front, which are the only landmarks I have to give out for directions for here, as well as remove the small A frame sign (which is about 1.5ft x 3ft) out by the road… I guess they’re really hurting to fine people after all this recent BS. That A Frame sign has been there for three years and those flags have been out there since last year so I will not be removing them. The flags BTW are american flags in the shape of a feather… They also had a problem with banners I had on my fence as well. The fence is part of the residence and the banners were to keep prying eyes from our dog and to keep her from barking at people across the street, lol. What a load of shit, I hate the TOC. They are really doing everything wrong and need to leave me the hell alone.

/rant

Thats just dumb.

Your place is easy to miss without some kind of marker.

Yeah they have some seriously stupid rules abotu signs, where they are… how big they are according to building size etc…

Last year one of our buildings at work got flooded during heavy rain… They replaced the bottom baseboards repainted the walls and replaced ceiling lights that were alerady there with new units…

Town of colonie came over and fined them some serious money for not having a building/construction permit and getting it okayed by the town…

FOR REPLACING SHTI THAT WAS ALREADY THERE!.. thats liike them telling you you cant paint yoru fuckin walls without approval…

needless to say it was BS and they just wanted the money…

Oh and they gave us a hard time about a sign that we had… its been there since the 80s so the whole law dident count because it was grandfathered in… Signs now have to be the approprite size according to building size IIRC… Well the sign was old and you couldent read it anymore… so they got a new cover to put over it…

they got hassled for that too saying it wasnt approved

Wow, even more of a reason the TOC sucks ass. I almost got hassled about my sign, but it was grandfathered in. Not to mention the fucked me on zoning. It’s all office/residential instead of something that would actually help me out…

That sux man, well if it helps at all i know a guy, that knows a guy that knows some other guys who some people that will that do some not so pleasant things to bad guys.

Do you let the town know you do more than sell parts?
I mean technically the garage is part of the house, right?

I actually anticipated this and have approval to install anything that I sell… which ironically can be anything. The only thing I can’t do it heavy duty engine work… but that’s pretty vague too. Also, if it becomes a pain I will no longer use a business name and do everything without they’re BS as a person and not a business.

TOC’s signage laws are only strict because the residents have voted them that way. Blame your neighbors.

-Involved with TOC and DOT signage restrictions

I guess I would if I had neighbors… This place is all commercial buildings… except me with the building split in two.

Not your actual neighbors, I mean the other residents of Colonie. Ya know…voters…

Arent you in the Village not the Town they are way worse then the town. They did help me get the hole in my roof fixed when they threaten to shut the whole plaza down to my landlord in kohls plaza. They had a roof guy there asap after that

Nah, I’m in the town, the village is a little bit farther away. That’s probably the first useful thing I’ve heard them do. Other than that they piss me off.

+1
still pissed off…

they need to stop busting peoples balls and just do something useful.

Aparently you havn’t noticed Colonie is heavily in debt, another reason they are fining people for everything.

From what I’ve heard, colonie is one of the most corrupt and in debt towns in the upstate area…

Sucks to hear man, Colonie can be a huge joke sometimes. Be careful what you post up on here or your facebook, myspace, etc. I know for a fact they are aware of this forum and troll on it. If your doing anything you shouldn’t they will find out about it.

good luck with this, sounds like a revenue-generating hunk of BS to me

ghey!. toc is weak.

I’d love to be the cop that trolls this forum and has to listen to all the shenanigans :rofl

Imagine if one of those cocksuckers had the balls to have a member name on here and post with us… man the hysteria that would ensue

Oh HAI CPD :ninja

umm. hate to ruin the parade but It’s been proven 99 percent that there IS law enforcement trolling the forums, WITH an account.