The Trump Presidency Discussion Thread (Non-Meme version)

man every day i love Texas more and more

Elon Musk sides with Trump on trade with China

The auto executive said China puts a 25 percent import duty on American cars, while the U.S. only does 2.5 percent for Chinese cars. He added that no American car company is “allowed to own even 50% of their own factory” in the Asian country, but China’s auto firms can own their companies in the U.S.

“We are going to be doing a reciprocal tax program at some point, so that if China is going to charge us 25% or if India is going to charge us 75% and we charge them nothing … We’re going to be at those same numbers. It’s called reciprocal, a mirror tax,” Trump said after reading Musk’s earlier tweets out loud.

Elon is a Trump fan and now NK has agreed to denuke and meet with Trump… MAGA!!!

this BS makes me wish Reuters wasn’t otherwise a pretty good outlet for news. their main story is 100% presumption based on ‘analysts’ fears about subjective blah blah blah.

i guess it just makes the winning that much sweeter when it is taken so bitterly.

So that Tillerson axing…

i guess not really surprised but it’s still pretty big news.

at this point Mr. Trump is kicking so much ass he could fire half the government and i still wouldnt be worried.

Tillerson is unaware of the reason the president is replacing him, Under Secretary Steve Goldstein told Fox News. Tillerson had every intention of staying and will miss his State Department colleagues, Goldstein said.

Two things.
1st. Damn that’s savage. So long Tillerson, no heads up, no reason, just you’re off the team and I’m bring in this other guy.
2nd. “Under Secretary Steve Goldstein told Fox News”… That’s real journalism. Notice the lack of wording like, “unnamed sources suggest it’s possible that…” you always see from CNN, followed by some total speculative bullshit they try to pass off as news.

Also, everyone is pretty quiet about the fact that Trump just nominated the first woman to ever head the CIA, Gina Haspel. I guess since he’s “waging a war on women” it would make sense to have a woman leading the war effort? LOL

And now apparently Goldstein is out:

BREAKING: Under Secretary of State Steve Goldstein is being fired for contradicting the account of Rex Tillerson’s dismissal, White House official tells NBC

http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp7155j2rL1qek28no1_250.gif

As @juicedz4 said, this was fake news. Tillerson knew, bux Fox’s source was totally wrong… and paid the price for it.

… at least that’s what we’re told as of now, lol.

It’s still a great example of why sources need to be named, so if they’re making up bullshit they can be held accountable.

Oh I agree. It seems like no one goes on the record these days, and journalists don’t insist on it.

It’s a lot easier to make stuff up when all your sources are unnamed.

InB4 they say he only hired her so that he could pay her 75% of what a man would make on that position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

First woman to head the CIA, who was also instrumentally involved in torturing terror suspects.

Doesn’t Trump hate women?

Would he really grab them by the pussy if he hated them?

My favorite thing about this election is one of my friends is gay right after the election he claimed Trump was going to ban gay marriage and all this other shit. He ran out and got married before it was banned and gays were outlawed. It’s always fun to mention that now “say trump ban all gay marriage yet…hmmm weird.”

The kid who works behind me at work(giggity) is also gay and he was saying that Pence was going to have conversion therapy camps and they were going to round up all the gays and put them in there.

I don’t say anything to him, but I’m still waiting for that to happen…

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Do they not realize Trump is probably the most pro-gay rights Republican we’ve ever elected? The guy went to Elton John’s wedding back in 2005 even.

History only matters if it fits the narrative. Duh.