There is no God - Que?

what?

oops… this one too.

http://villageatheist.org/images/15.jpg

people assume alot of the times that religion and the belief in god = reformed religion. aka christianity,etc. Believing in god has NOTHING to do with church, in reality.

98 percent of the time I view peoples relationship with religion as a crutch. In times of weakness they fall back on religion because they are too weak, or too lazy, to deal with reality.

are people really arguing about this on an internet forum?

edited and quoted for posterity:thumbup

thats why it’s in offtopic. Replies are optional :slight_smile:

Excuse me, I don’t feel the need to debate my side of the story. I’m sorry if instead I choose to try and diffuse a situation by staying neutral and making light of things.
If you would have read my previous posts, you would know that I choose to accept people regardless and do not wish to force my own beliefs upon them, or debate it on a car forum for that matter.
Please do not ever assume you know me, or how I think, or what I believe ever again. Do not ever use me as a reference for what you feel to be a righteous point to be made.
Thank you, that is all.

I know you. Your vagina smells like brownies and your breath of roses. Your feet on the other hand…

Vagina smells like brownies? Seriously? I don’t know if I should think that’s gross or awesome.

thats actually pretty goddamn weird.

NWS please

I think it’s cool. Nothing like eating brownies :slight_smile:

Yeah, speaking of brownies…

CHUCK! WHAT THE HELL!?

lol!

nan has been slacking off in the baking department lately, i’ve heard.

Jesus Christ:facepalm

yes, that is the topic of this discussion.

or the lack thereof.

I heard that sasquatch ate a pickle but it was made from socks, but they weren’t really socks… they were zombie feet. Then, Beartato came out in jockey shorts with a waffle on his mullet… thats when things got weird.

Was that strange and unreasonably confusing/random? Well, it makes about as much sense as the bible… so fuck you!

Again? Seriously?

I’m religious. Not a religious nut.

A religious nut is the Phelps family, who I think will burn in Hell. I don’t stand outside funerals picketing.

You people need to stop acting like you think you know me (as Nicole said about herself a few posts above). You don’t. And probably never will. All you know is that I’m Christian and a virgin, yet you fools make it sound like I’m lesser of a human/man than you because of those two choices. Get that crap out of here. Like I said in another thread, some of us are raised with different values/morals. If mine don’t work for you, fine. That’s your choice. I don’t push my religion down on you (I’ll debate it with you, but I won’t sit here telling you to go to church or pestering you into doing something you don’t want to do). Your choices are your choices. Mine are mine. If anyone knows anything about me at all, it would be Nicole as I have talked to her on a couple of occasions and actually had a discussion. And I’m sure from talking to me, she can vouch that I’m a normal guy just like any of you in here.

So please, get off your pedestals of “I’m better than you because I’m not as gullible as you to believe there is a God” and go do something more valuable with your time. Stop attacking religion/Christianity because it doesn’t conform with your beliefs…or should I say lack of beliefs.

I don’t use religion as a crutch as some of you have eluded. I’m not down in the dumps and using religion to ‘pick myself up’. It’s actually quite on the contrary. I’ve been quite blessed in life. Got a great job before I even finished my first year of college, healthy (except for some arthritis in the back), have a great/large family (no divorce or step parents or drug abusers or alcoholics, etc. in it), etc. etc. I have nothing to be down about. So for you to say that people who are religious are people who need ‘moral support’ or ‘help them through the days till they die’ is just ludicrous. People who drink their days away, smoke their days away, are more likely the people who are ‘down in the dumps’ and ‘trying to get away from it all’ by indulging in such actions. They say it’s for ‘fun’…but how many of those people actually do it ‘just for fun’? That’s another argument/debate in and of itself. Some of them may actually enjoy getting blasted, but I’m sure many (not just some) do it to ‘get away’.

You will not understand the Bible and it’s meaning until you actually try to immerse yourself in it and figure it out. For those of you who aren’t christian, THAT is why it’s ‘just a book’ and ‘a bunch of stories’. I’m sure if you sat down with a small prayer and said, “Okay…let me read this Bible and if this stuff is indeed true, please let me understand it and accept it/open up to it” you might have more success or maybe will have a realization of some sort. Am I calling you to do that? No. That’s up to you. Do you have to? Nope. Does it sound gay to you? Probably, because again, you don’t understand what it is or why it’s there. To you it’s just paper with ink on it.

It’s your choice. You will answer for your choices just like I will. I’m by no means holy.

Have a great weekend.