Things that suck v. Elise [Now with daytime pics]

he wants to pay out of pocket.

6k out of pocket!?!/ Jesus, I didn’t think insurance would go up that much.

Yea… wait until he sees how much it is… He figgures its a rear bumper or something? $500 tops? haha… $6k… thats what insurance is for…

no. i faxed him the estimate.

he still wants to pay out of pocket.

jeff did my truck… it needs to be repainted. give me a pm if you want to chat.

christ…

if the dude is willing to pay $7k (CDN) out of pocket he’d go for $10k…lol

have him drp the cheque at my house, i’ll hold it for you. promise

He wants to pay $6500 out of pocket for a collision? Unless things work much differently in Canada, he must be about as good at math as he is at driving.

A collision stays on your record for, what, 7 years? So his insurance could go up $1000/year (which it won’t) for 7 years and he’d still be better off when you factor in inflation, the interest he could make if he invested that money, yadda yadda yadda.

I don’t understand why people pay so much money every month for something and then don’t use it when they get into the exact situation that they’ve been paying every month to have it for…

I know every situation is different and there may be more to his than I know, but I just can’t see the point in shelling out $6500 out of pocket. I can’t see how the numbers would make sense.

I think the poor bastard is so embarrassed, he’s going as far as he can to show how sincere and sorry he is.

He (the father) said that his insurance will go from 2000/year to 6-8000 per year. I told him he’s nuts, but whatever.

Yeah that’s kind of insane. But hey as long as you get paid. Nice of you to not bend him over though. Are you going to take the check and DIY or still have the shop fix it? Might be nice to have receipts come resale time? :gotme:

It’s going to the shop and is getting fixed for EXACTLY what he pays me. I am not helping myself with this at all. The whole rear clam is being replaced. That ensures that my diminished value won’t be too high. Also, now this accident won’t show up on any sort of carfax or anything, which is also nice.

The father is correct.

young drivers in the GTA from SON are used to paying $4000 - $5000 per year on insurance for absolute minimum coverage and no tickets or accidents on record.

if this kid has such a huge claim on his record he will either not be able to get insurance at all or have to pay $6-8k for sure… for 3-5 years.

i think my rates peaked at $3000 per year for minimum coverage on a 240sx when i was 19 - 21 with no accidents.

Everything in Canada is much more expensive than in the US, even after exchange.

wadsworth, you are not such a douchington afterall

What exactly is the rear clam shell? Have any pics of it and how much it is in relation to the car’s size?

everything behind the doors, essentially.

That cant be cheap

part’s 3300

wow not too bad, I would not have been surprised seeing a 10K price tag on it from the dealer.

Yeah, I would have thought it would be MUCH more, not only for parts but for labor also.

All in all, an expensive lesson learned. Pay attnetion :slight_smile:

ADIDAS!!!