This crap is ridiculous. Automotive legal advice please......

you are dealing with some inexperienced dumbass that thinks this is the same as shopping at Walmart. He signed the title, he OWNS the car. End of story. Tell him not to waste your fucking time because its not your job to teach people how things work. Send him a link to current laws and tell him he has 2 weeks to get the car or its getting towed.

+1 :word:

yep its his car jay… tell him to come get the car during the day…

just a little bit of wet filter will cause a car to stall

just put your hand on an open pipe and it takes like 3 fingers over a 2" intake to make it stall

The guy is one of two things:
-A complete fucking idiot
-A complete fucking idiot who is trying to scam you

Do not give him his money back when he holds the title. He would probably get his money back and then take the car because he legally owns it. He signed the title. It’s his car. He would have to SELL it back to you (you paying tax on the sale.)

Cure his ignorance. Politely inform him that there’s no lemon law, that he legally owns the car now, that this transaction cannot be “refunded” and he needs to remove the car from your property within a reasonable amount of time.

Good luck with this idiot… he sounds like a complete :cjerk: . From the sounds of it he has no case at all. If you have a receipt with “as-is” that should almost be more than enough. But ya… making a video that the car runs great in the dry weather and even explain why on the video could help alot. Let us know what happens with this.

everyone is right, hes got nothing at this point, have HIS car towed

^^^^^^^what they all said

it would be no big deal to rip up the signed title, then make a bill of sale type document that states

“buyer wanted refund, seller gave refund and transaction is canceled, seller now owns the car outright again and buyer retains no legal right to attempt to take any legal action to attempt to recoup any expenses he suffered due to this transaction falling through”

not that expect there to be any refund … tell that bitch hes shit out of luck and more retarded then paris hilton and jessica simpson combined

personaly id be telling the guy if he doesnt pick it up within 2 weeks, im gonna resell it and only refund him 5k out of his 5500, even if i gt 7k for it this time around

thanks for the support guys, i knew i was right in this i just wanted to hear it from some other people so i could breathe a lil easier lol

so his reply now (after i told him its his car, end of story, and there is no lemon law on the car, and that he should really think twice about gettin a lawyer because its clear what the outcome will be) was " i will be in touch with you at the end of the week. he’s probably scrambling for a way out of this but is realising there isn’t one lol

Its a fucking nice car anyway. I saw the thing. Its no heap. Very clean and boost to boot. If he changed his mind HE can sell it.

wow what a moron. well everyone else alread pretty much cleared it up for ya. just make sure he knows youre not gonna budge and the car is sold. this guy sounds like a real tard though, i think you need to emphasize to him the car is FINE and runs FINE, and he needs toget HIS car outta YOUR driveway. seems like the guy just paniced cause it died on him, Big effin deal!

:word:

no case…go find the most expensive storage rates u can possibly find and print them out and say this is what this company charges, i am too because my parents have no room for this in the driveway - and simply add it to the bill…i would be very pleased if a seller offered half the shipping fees after this mixup - but i personally wouldnt do it…he is responsible

Hmm… When you sell a car, at what point does the DMV recognize that it’s not your car anymore? I mean, at what point can you have it towed and wash your hands of it? Where do you have it towed to? I’m just trying to think of the logistics, because in reality this jerk-off has his car sitting in boost’s driveway so addicted2boost has every right to just get rid of the thing, but how does that work on paper?

i bet he has some emotional gay attachment and wont just tow his car away…even tho it isnt his

u call the police say u sold this vahicle to this guy he payed for it has title and wont come pick it up they tow it to the impound and hes fines and charges up his ass.

push it onto harlem and leave it parked there with no Reg. or plates on it.

Then it gets towed by the town/city. Not Boost’s problem.
Sure, they might come looking for him after a couple of weeks in impound, but he has a signed & dated Bill of Sale - legal doc, right?

these are bad ideas man - dont look to screw him with “fines up the ass” that u wont see thats being a really shitty seller…keep it somewhere where YOU can fine him reasonably and make profit from his idoit-ness

DMV Site

Question
How can I get proof that I sold my vehicle or gave it as a gift?

Answer
The DMV cannot provide you with proof that you transferred ownership of your vehicle. The DMV does not have a record of a change of ownership unless and until the new owner applies for a NYS title certificate. If the new owner does not apply for a title certificate in NYS, NYS DMV records will continue to show that you are the most recent owner of the vehicle.

Make sure that you keep copies of all documents you use to transfer ownership of the vehicle. These documents include the title certificate signed over to the new owner, the bill of sale and the sales tax form.

Make sure you remove the vehicle plates, the registration sticker on the windshield and the registration document from your vehicle when you transfer ownership. Promptly surrender your vehicle plates to NYS DMV.

See the instructions to transfer ownership at the DMV web site for more information.

any help…?

DMV Site

Question How can I get proof that I sold my vehicle or gave it as a gift?

http://nysdmv.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/trnsp.gif Answer The DMV cannot provide you with proof that you transferred ownership of your vehicle. The DMV does not have a record of a change of ownership unless and until the new owner applies for a NYS title certificate. If the new owner does not apply for a title certificate in NYS, NYS DMV records will continue to show that you are the most recent owner of the vehicle.

Make sure that you keep copies of all documents you use to transfer ownership of the vehicle. These documents include the title certificate signed over to the new owner, the bill of sale and the sales tax form.

Make sure you remove the vehicle plates, the registration sticker on the windshield and the registration document from your vehicle when you transfer ownership. Promptly surrender your vehicle plates to NYS DMV.

See the instructions to transfer ownership at the DMV web site for more information.

any help…?