This is Dedicated to all the Thieving 240sx scum

right his first idea was. OH SHIT 240 guys following me…FUCK better get these rims off that i just paid $$$ for.

if you want nothing to do with the incident, you should not be conveying his thoughts through your own post.

Further More:

YEAH RIGHT.
If you belive that, then You sir win the award for most gullible man of the new year.

like i said, keep your attacks directed away from me. also remember that i know him, you don’t. say what you will.

if you want nothing to do with the incident, you should not be conveying his thoughts through your own post.

the purpose of the post was to inform dvstr that if he has anything further to take up with Mitchell, to talk to him.

at the same time you’re right. i wasn’t there and what i heard is also going through the grapevine - so if dvstr has any interest in this to talk to mitch.

that’s it.

[QUOTE=]
when he found out what was going on and that you guys wanted the rims, he went to his buddy’s house to swap them since his old wheels and his jack were in that guy’s garage. you guys were quick to keep chasing him and not giving him any time to return. i wouldn’t stop either if i tell people (who know where i live) that i’ll be giving their stuff back and they keep ripping after me and trying to pull me over. you guys were set on kicking his ass regardless of what he did or said to you. he didn’t fight back. he didn’t resist. he was on his way back and willing to cooperate. he didn’t try to stop you from taking the wheels…[/QUOTE]

I dont know about you all, but If i just paid for something. I wouldn’t let someone take it

EDIT: and thats not directed at the messenger… Thats directed to everyone on this forum.

he’s not agressive at all and was a bit suspicious about the rims being hot. after seeing how these guys were acting, i’d give the rims back too to avoid getting my ass kicked, and the fact that police were involved. one could always deal with who sold the rims later.

and lucky, how was he to know that 240 guys were following him? were there any present during the chase?

that’s it. if anyone has anything further to add to flame me, go nuts. has nothing to do with me anyways.

but i’ll be telling mitchell to try to post up or clear anything up tomorrow, himself.

good night.

I should keep my mouth shut

lol.

you guys gave him the nastiest shiner i’ve ever seen.

i don’t know anything about the lurking around the shop, and i won’t pretend i do. my post just reflected what i was told.

alright man, will do. i’ll tell him tomorrow and let you know his answer via PM.

i’m out. good night.

cant really do that though.

i had some stuff stolen out of my car a few years back and told people in the private section. then one of the moderators hid his IP and then pretended to be the seller of the stolen goods just a few days later with a fake e-mail and was actually replying to e-mails about it…

its pretty sad.

^^ thats awesome, now please do tell us who this moderator is so we can make sure we don’t deal with his stupid ass.

one thing everyone including bigbyrd failed to note is that when you possess stolen property and the cops get it, doesn’t matter if or how much you paid for it, they take it away from you… and if you’re lucky they don’t charge you

and there’s no way in hell that a guy would run and change the rims unless he knew they were hot… does that mean he stole them? no it could have been his “friend” where the jack and spare rims were… not exactly relevant, knowing makes you an accessory to the crime, and at the least conspirator, all of which are serious

you know that joke about they guy telling 911 it’s ok he shot the burglars and getting squadies around in minutes when they told him none were available? yea cops are dicks

the way I see it two things could have happened had things been done “legally”:

• one is the cops demand proof of ownership from both parties, if there was an insurance or theft claim then that would have helped, someone gets charged, court requires evidence, burden of proof is low but still tough… and court costs, lawyers…

• or likewise both sides could have had corroborating witnesses say anything to the invesigators and the cops could have told everyone there’s nothing they can do so go home, if other suspicious behaviour (like what the mechanic said about the prowling) could be proven that would further tilt the scale

all in all I say the outcome is about the best you can hope for in a theft situation, even if someone gets charged and sentenced, some easy community service won’t get your shit back

I don’t know if I read misread something… but how did he know that the guys chasing after him were after the rims and not his car again? There is obviously some guilt or something, hence him taking the rims off.

thieves need to get punched in the d!ck. Glad the rims were returned.

People who buy stolen property are just as guilty as the thieves who stole it.
If they couldn’t sell the property they wouldn’t steal it.

Ignorance is no excuse, if it looks like too good a deal then it probably is.

What if it wasn’t a good deal. Can ignorance be an excuse then?

I paid a reasonable price for my rims, good price but nothing crazy low to make me think they might be stolen. What if they WERE stolen? Can my ignorance be an excuse?

I know not in the laws eyes, but in your eyes am I guilty?

^^^ Very well said!

Please refer to my explanation link below, as there is two sides to EVERY story…

http://www.forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?p=201639#post201639

what are the specs on the wheels. because if they are high offset and 7" wide with rubber, $400 isn’t a HUGE UNBELEIVABLE DEAL.

i’m selling my stock LE with new rubber for $450.

if the rims are ugly and high offset, $400 isn’t that much of a deal.

also depends what kind of rubber.

many factors come into play, and just because YOU people may think its a deal, how does the potential buyer know that? just because some ppl may know what the avg price of rims cost, you can’t assume everyone else attains that same knowledge.

innocent before proven guilty, is what our society runs on. it has not been proven that this guy had actually stolen the rims and theres no hard evidence that he did

dvstr vs. mitchel.

dvstr has the responsibility to provide burden of proof. (evidence that he actually stole it.)

They are ugly, trust me… :blush:

I have to control my temper

I’m not going to prevent you from presenting your side of the argument, but stop calling childish names or you’re not going to have the chance to.

Holy crap dude, thats one hell of tale let me tell ya.

At least you got your rims back and all “appears” to over and done with so thats good. It’s not often the victim gets a little…payback shall we say…so all in all a great ending.

I don’t understand why some people refuse to own up…especially when “caught”.

Obviously, we don’t really know the FULL story, but if I bought a set of rims and found out they were stolen, i’d be MORE than happy to co-operate with the person they were stolen from to figure out who actually did it - and would be more than anxious to clear my name. I’d definitely try to find the person I bought them from again so the real owner of the rims could have that person charged, as they would deserve to be.

Just my 2 cents, hopefully you can get this all cleared up the right way.

And for goodness sake, if whoever stole the rims is on this forum, just own up to it.

EDIT: My bad, just saw the “other” thread…please disregard this…thx.