Thoughts on owning an RX7 (as a daily driver)...

Well, I’m a couple months into trading a Civic for an RX7 as my new daily driver. I thought for a minute it may have been the dumbest move I’ve ever made. But I must say, I absolutely am loving it. It’s a real blast to drive! It’s not fast, but not really slow either (I have an S5 N/A 13B, all stock, 160 hp) Upon further research I’ve also found that it’s an incredibly rare model, being a 91, and the last year of the FC coupe. Not to mention the body is near mint (it’s got no rust ANYWHERE, not even surface). I must say, I’m happy to be an RX7 owner. Oh, and thumbs up to GSX for the snow tires (even though he’s a huge bag…)!

you sound like me. to many toys. or never happy lol.

Choko, I guess it’s a little of both. I mean, I was bored to shit with 4 years of daily driving a Civic. I mean, yeah they’re great and all, but it was too boring after that long. And common sense SHOULD kick in and say, “Hey, you got a Lotus Esprit and a nicely done MR2, just be happy…” Clearly, I don’t make sense, and I’m ok with that. I mean shit…I have 3 cars now, ALL of them with 2 seats, and RWD! But I’m getting to another problematic point here…

I kind of want to do stuff to the FC now, haha. I mean, it’s serious fun. I hope EZFD don’t see this thread, haha.

Fuck, I should just sell them all and get like an EVO/STi or something…

The STi thing is definitely fun, but don’t get rid of the Lotus. That would be an awesome combo, WRX/STi as a reliable daily/track car, and Lotus as backup… I’d be jelous :loopie:

A lot of this is your fault you know, if you never let me drive your car, I wouldn’t feel so strongly about STi’s…

Bastard…

:zong:

:wave:

That’s how I ended up with mine, a buddy let me drive his and planted the seed… You can drive mine anytime Joe.

The best part about the car, is the only money I’ve put into it has been to upgrade! 1 reliable car + 1 fun car = financial heaven If your reliable car is decent on the track, that’s a big bonus.

i’ve been told that the smartest thing ive ever done was buy a fun daily that i dont want to mod. it keeps money flowing into the right car. just my 2 cents…

I went looking for an sti after driving one as well

Fun DD’s FTW. I loved getting out of the Expedition as a DD and into the GTO. It’s nice still having the big truck in the family for real bad weather and hauling though. No way I could get by with just small cars.

why dont you drive the toyota that has 200k miles on it - whats the diff

let me drive yours so that I will be compelled to buy one when I graduate

That’s a joke, right?

eh - im not dogging the mr2 …i like it a lot…but raise it up an inch throw snows on it and save yourself some money…its not like its your “nice” car anymore…plus its cooler when people DD good cars than beaters…i plan on rockin a 911 all year in a few years

I don’t understand why you dont drive the MR2 in the winter, with it being mid engine its probably really good in the snow.

I got wayyy too much money in that MR2 to even cosider putting it through the salty shitty winters we have here. Plus, I cherish it even more now since I’ve gotten the Lotus. Sounds wierd, maybe, but I’ve turned that MR2 from bone stock into something special (to me), and I don’t need to see some dumb cunt in an FUV plowing into it on some snow filled day here.

Sell the MR2, and the Mazda and get a Subaru!

X2.

just part out the MR2. you’ll be happy you did.

Keep things the way they are, Your Mr. 2 is something different, and the Lotus will allways be an exotic. You can beat the snot out of the Toyota, cruise around in the Lotus, and let the RX-7 take the Daily abuse.

x…

you can drive mine if you buy it after you graduate :slight_smile:

:word: i LOVE my Mustang, but for daily driving i like my Explorer a lot. im kinda tall and i get cramped up in the mustang after a while and getting in and out of it is a pain sometimes, the Explorer is a nice size for me.