Tiburon clutch help

My girlfriend bought a a 03 tiburon a month ago, before she got it they replaced the clutch. 2 or 3 weeks later she noticed a spongy clutch, took it back and they replaced the slave cylinder, it was good for about, not even a day. took it back and they replaced the hose from the slave cylinder, still spongy. is this normal to have a somewhat spongy clutch. it shifts well and all but its just spongy, esp when going at slower speeds. can anyone help?

When I first drove my broinlaw’s tib, the first thought I had was “man, what a weak clutch”.

However the clutch was known to be fairly new.

:gotme:

bet they didnt replace the clutch pressure plate. I had a similar prob mith my 2g back in the day and took it to aamco. I told them to replace the clutch. they took the car in and told me that it didnt need a clutch, it needed a slave cylinder. they replaced it and i had the same prob. Turned out i needed the clutch like i said.

hm i wonder if they didnt do the pressure plate i just assumed that they would replace it considering if it wasnt right they would be fixing it anyways…gonna have to call them and ask them tommorrow, but the pressure plate would cause it not to shift and stuff right?

Can you be any more specific with your description? Is the clutch slipping? Is it hard to change gears? Or does it work fine but just have a soft pull?

Thats the prob i had, th fingers on ther plate were very weak when hot and the clutch would not disengage.

it goes into gear fine, the only gear i have trouble with is reverse, i have to put it in another gear first and then it slips right into reverse. when im driving tho everything shifts well its just when you push in the clutch it feels spongy,

just took it to towne with my buddy and a tech looked at it and said that its nothing out of the ordinary

from what i hear its just a tib thing. maybe buy a nice exedy street clutch, with an upgraded pressure plate.

:sigh: ill get into this discussino?

4 or 6 cyl? if 6, is it a 5 spd or 6 speed

6 cyl 5 speed