Ticket Cost

COSTS

Exhaust: $18,341.95
Tint: $1.99

Please make check payable to Ryanmcell & I’ll swing by tomorrow to ensure no jailtime.

Actual costs may very.
I’m guessing it will be determined by the judge on the spot

lol, all these ricers with tint and exhaust on here and no one has gotten these tickets before?! I’ve heard 60 for tint, still no values for exhaust yet.

And my point still stands as for how loud it is, how does he know it did not come on the car, i mean jesus it comes with an airplane wing stock, why not a fart can too :gotme:

I FUCKING HATE HARLEYS

[quote=“chino,post:22,topic:29035"”]

And my point still stands as for how loud it is, how does he know it did not come on the car, i mean jesus it comes with an airplane wing stock, why not a fart can too :gotme:

[/quote]

You should totally say you bought the car from the dealership as is :tup:

[quote=“Z man,post:24,topic:29035"”]

You should totally say you bought the car from the dealership as is :tup:

[/quote]

i was pulled over after owning my car for like a month and the cop threatened to write me for modified exhaust (it was stock), bald tires (they had about 2000 miles on them), obstructed rear view (wing), and no front plate (guilty).

I only wound up with the tint ticket, but then he went on about how he hated imports.

[quote=“newman,post:25,topic:29035"”]

I only wound up with the tint ticket, but then he went on about how he hated imports.

[/quote]

and there is the real reason for the tickets… I think it is a question on the police exam

^^yea i think the question wasnt as blunt it was on theline of
Check what kind of cars you perfer.
-Domestic
-Import
you pick import you fail lol

My last tint ticket was $50 plus $35 surcharge. This was in elma, few years ago.

when i had the mr2 i was pulled over for loud exhaust, it sucks having to swap it out just for them to check it, but basically you have any cop come out and look at your car, they will have you rev it up to make sure its not loud anymore and then they will sign either the ticket or slip of paper saying its fixed. and your done! atleast thats how it went down when i was ticketed.

if you are just going to pay it, i think its like 75-100 bucks.

[quote=“chino,post:26,topic:29035"”]

and there is the real reason for the tickets… I think it is a question on the police exam

[/quote]

:picard:

You really don’t see that you’re getting profiled for driving around in a stereotypical kid’s car? Big goofy wing, tint, fart can? Most cops either don’t know or don’t care that it’s a 300hp $30k car that your average punk can’t afford. It’s not exactly a low key car. Tack illegal mods on top of it and you’re begging for police attention.

Galant VR4 FTW

[quote=“Daddie,post:31,topic:29035"”]

Galant VR4 FTW

[/quote]

:lol:

My problem is I drive a pretty red Jetta. Cops pull me over thinking it’ll be a cute 18 year old girl to flirt with, only to find my ugly mug and get all disappointed and cranky.

[quote=“Daddie,post:31,topic:29035"”]

Galant VR4 FTW

[/quote]

Haha.

Pretty much. I thought they’d leave me alone in my station wagon, but no such luck there.

[quote=“SI01,post:33,topic:29035"”]

Haha.

Pretty much. I thought they’d leave me alone in my station wagon, but no such luck there.

[/quote]

you failed to add your wagon with loud exaust & illegal tint.

the biggest question is even tho the windows were down. your rear window was tinted & your Rear side windows dont go down all the way out of view.

all a better reason to buy a new legacy. since their made in the states.

[quote=“RedrRocket,post:34,topic:29035"”]

you failed to add your wagon with loud exaust & illegal tint.

[/quote]

My tint isn’t illegal. And I got bothered a couple times before the exhaust went on.

I would lose the tints. Attracts too much attention from the cops. Not worth it.

I bitched about the loud ass harleys once when I got pulled over for loud exhasut in my RX7. The cop then proceed to flip his ticket book over and on the cover were a bunch of harley stickers :smiley: oooops bad example :banghead:

Whenever they say the hate imports, I ask what brand of TV to they have.

Jeller

[quote=“SI01,post:35,topic:29035"”]

My tint isn’t illegal. And I got bothered a couple times before the exhaust went on.

[/quote]

You sure? NYS limit is 70% permissivity, which is basically factory. If you added any tinting yourself, it’s probably illegal.

[quote=“Jeller,post:36,topic:29035"”]

I would lose the tints. Attracts too much attention from the cops. Not worth it.

I bitched about the loud ass harleys once when I got pulled over for loud exhasut in my RX7. The cop then proceed to flip his ticket book over and on the cover were a bunch of harley stickers :smiley: oooops bad example :banghead:

Whenever they say the hate imports, I ask what brand of TV to they have.

Jeller

[/quote]

I don’t even really like the tint, it was on the car when i bought it from the dealer. I just hate to take it off and have my windows be all shitty and sticky

I would assume a good scrub with rubbing alcohol would remove any tint residue.

[quote=“JayS,post:39,topic:29035"”]

I would assume a good scrub with rubbing alcohol would remove any tint residue.

[/quote]

Maybe - I bought another car that had tint on it previously that I really could not get the glue off… it might have been on for a long time though. I could barely get the windows rolled down (power windows). These can’t possibly have been on for too too long