ticket help

so i was following my boss to a jobsite in downtown toronto because i dont know that area at all. we are almost at the site when he makes a right off of younge and as soon as we do that a cop comes outta nowhere and pulls us both over. so i got a ticket for an illegal right hand turn which is 2 points and says if i plead guilty to another offence the court may drop the points.

what do i plead to? i have no idea what to do because surprisingly this is my first ticket and i dont want my insurance going up for something this stupid.

do i try to say i was just following my boss because i didnt know where i was? will that go over well at all?\

any help would be awesome

thanks

go to court.plead guilty with explanation u should be fine…just talk to the crown before and it should work out fine

if i go to the office in toronto could they drop it there?? right away?

or could it be like a year long thing?

i heard toronto courts = huge backup

yea u wont be going to court for probably 6 months minimum most likely longer

lol 6months I’am still waiting for my reply from september

Just hope the wait is longer than 8 months, then you’ll get off without anything.

Mine was over 8 months wait but I didn’t even need to use that since the officer didn’t even show.

^^ dont count on it though. I got convicted a year from date i got ticket, I didn’t get a date to appear in court (though it could have gone to the wrong address as i had changed address) but u cant reappeal after a year so i m basically screwed. so watch out! the backlog isnt always in your favor.

huge backup - you’ll be in court a yr after u file the ticket…

hmm huge backlog eh?.. that explains why im still waiting for a court date from an august 08 offence! cool!

quick question, in my position would it be better to plea guilty with explanation? are they able to drop points by doing that??

or is court the only way points can be taken off?

well if ur pleadingf guilty with explanation thats in court…just go to court and talk to the crown and hell tell u what the deal is…if its onl 2 points u should be able to get it to none

ok cool thanks man

i also got a ticket for no front plate when it was on my dash. i had just picked them up and didnt have the hardware to put it on (ministry sells machine screws not self tappers) and the officer told me to go to court and ill get off with out having to pay for it… so im goin to have to wait forever to get my court date?

what a douche bucket he should have just told me no to worry … i had the recipt for the plates from that morning … and i showed him … :frowning:

yea they just dont care. its all about the money, they are hoping you will just pay it and not take it to court. ive begun to notice all police east of burlington are assholes its the only time i ever have issues.

Check off Not guilty on the ticket …

After a yr when u come to court - the prosecutor will Ask you Again to Enter in your Plea … ( U can change it to Guilty , guilty with explanation or keep it not guilty)

At that time she will try and make a deal with you … Eg plead guilty and you wont get any point, but u will have to pay a $50 fine etc.

toronto is going to start building like 5 new courtrooms to handle more cases and this backlog. saw it on the news lol

lol i went in to set a court date and they said minimum 8 months. the cop wont even remember what happened lol.

they write down notes when they give u the ticket … They look at their notes during the trial and use it …

Once u get a court date make a request for Disclosure - ( u fill a form @ traffic court ) and it is mailed to your house. Based on their notes you make your defense.

http://www.ticketcombat.com/