Tinted Windows

Does anyone know any tricks to clean tinted windows and amaybe get rid of lite scratches. I used windex once and that was a big mistake.

I cant remember what the product is called, but i know we sell a product for that purpose at Canadian Tire.

Hey man what’s up.

Well I use Windex on my window’s and there all tinted. I don’t have a problem using it. I think it’s the quality of the tinting film that is the problem.

Now as for cleaning, use a regular size mist bottle, 1 part white vineger and 3 parts water. That will clean them and make them shine streak free.

As for scratches, Im sorry to say your SOL on that.

Take care.

Easy 8)

^^^ Yeah Bruce is right. I usually use windex too I have tints on my winter car and windex never did any harm to my tints, it’s all about the quality of the tints, but believe it or not water and vinegar totally works too. :smiley:

Just be sure to not take too much vinegar, cause if your mom needs it, she’s gonna give you a whooping like none you’ve ever felt before.

do NOT use windex, it has pheumonia in it and that attacks the adhesive and will eventually over time cause the tint to peel regardless of the quality of tint you use which has nothing to do with adhesive level.

i work part time at a company that manufactures one of the highest quality tint.

once your tint is scratched its scratched you have cheap non hardcoated tint which does not have a layer overtop to protect from scratches.

theres nothing you can do to repair scratches other than a re tint

I think you mean ammonia.

I think you mean ammonia.[/quote]

thanks tips