Tires

whats a decent all season/performance tire for the price?
i was lookin at the Falken Ziex ZE-512 205/60/14…
i can get 4 of them for $176 with free shipping…

most im lookin to spend is $250

there good when new, but don’t last for shit. i only get about 5-7k out of a set on the front.

thats what i’ve heard… recommend anything?

dude, it’s a neon. A cheap set of Futura 2000’s from pep boys will be all that is needed for the power of a neon, they last a long time also. :bigthumb:

Futura’s suck. you get what you pay for. i get decent life out of BFG’s

they arent too expensive at Sams club.

well say its not a neon… what would you go with?

kumho’s are cheap and decent

i have 712’s i dislike them, but they dont wear bad…

i used to have some bridgestone potenza’s on the shelby… damn i loved those tires

stick to your ford, you obviously no nothing of tires

Why buy all season tires? generally all season tires suck equally all year round and dont perform good or great in any conditions. I would mount some snow tires up to those 14 inch rims, not all seasons like real studded snow tires. Then buy some kumbo 711s(which only come in 15 inch+ sizes but are worth every bit of the 43 bucks a piece i got them of tirerack for) for the other season around here know as humid.

712 are not as good in the dry as 711, and are only sighty better in the wet than the 712s but cost about 20 bucks a tire more. My money went to the 711 after driving them back to back.

khumo 711s are not too bad for a cheap tire. i’ve had mine for 2 years paid 80bucks a tire for 225/40/18 and they are z rated. i think the 14-17inch sizes are H rated.

vogues! they can’t make your car look any worse.

toyo proxies / snow tires

my next tires i buy will be Coopers from import export. i forget the model but they should be better than the falkens and the Khumos. and cheaper than both

In case you decide do to the winter tire/summer tire thing. For summer tires I think these are about the top of the ladder for the size and price your looking at.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireProductCategoryDetailBrnd.do?tpc=HANHV7&tp=Passenger%2FPerformance

I THINK discount tire direct is running free shipping right now, but I dunno how long that goes on for. But the tires are pretty good, in testing they are just a bit off the pace of the Falken Azenis. If you stick with just a 1 tire does all, the Kumho 716’s arn’t to bad. Usually fairly cheap if you look around. Mine lasted pretty long, decent grip and turn in feel, but the sidewall is horribly soft.

those won’t last for shit.

well i completely forgot that i had snow tires on my steel wheels…

soooo looks like im only going to go with a summer tire