to cage or not to cage [your opinions]

who here would cage their truck? yes caging a truck to be legal at the track… its been done before and i swore i wouldnt do it but been thinking alot and seen Parish’s setup and it looks clean. i want to be legal at the track when i go and not have to worry about not having a cage. I know i didnt get there yet this year and probably wont since my year ended. but figured with the new powerplant and N20 setup it should easily put me where im shooting for

now if you caged the ride what interior would you rock? i currently have a 2 tone leather with leather door panels or would you go with 2 race seats?

just would like a vibe from some

i just look at a 85 truck in my drive way with a cage!

wouldnt do it. Looking at the interrior of it they other day at jeffs its too clean… and its too new

depending on application the current interior would go in the DD truck

wait til you need it then put it in

not saying im am, just wanting opinions

when it comes to safety why even ask…

if its done right i’d definately do it. its gotta be a clean lookin cage tho. color match the bars to the interior scheme. the extra chasis support from the cage is a big bonus too. as far as seats go, i love racing seats but if you like the stock pieces and they are in good condition, then by all means keep them. its a truck so racing seats may sorta look out of place.

this is a fairly clean setup

taken from this article

you can see how he color matched the bars and the padding corresponds to his seat fabric. i think he added too much gray padding but overall i like the look. he even went with 93 240sx seats… i think you could do 4th gen camaro seats if you want more bucket look.

i’d look into that tahoe rear suspension setup too. coil spring rear sorta like fbodies right?

like tony said if its saftey why even ask

id do it, and go with cloth seats or liek u said 2 race seats would be sick and normal door skins…save some weight u konw

I love the interior of Quik’s truck. A cage, if properly done, with the current interior…is that a possibility? Would it even look right?

who cares what it looks like. It will look like shit with your brain batter all over it…

not sure really, plush leather with a bar…dont think it would look right

correcy,even if its quik!:smiley:

that cage aint legal

why wouldnt it?

Yes. install it.

I’ve seen roll bar padding that’s covered in leather too. (In a street rod) It looked sharp.

i think caging the truck would probably make it look better. I would leave the interior as is and build the cage to fit.

i say cage it. use leather covers over roll bar padding. i think it will look even better if you were to do that.

i think it all depends on where you are going with the truck

if it is going to go strip mailnly and you have the ET saying it is needed then yes…

but if it is going to be a 11.5 or slower then i would say no.

OOOhhhhhh…leather cage padding covers would be so PIMP.

do you have a pic of what you would be considering?

i assume this cage will be going thru the back window into the bed??

are there different rules for pickup trucks and cages???

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displayalbum.php?userid=19464&albumid=898

this is a cool ass truck with a cage and racing seats.