To Ilya: PC vs. Mac debate/contest/benchmarks

Please provide proof that this is true with a series of benchmarks to prove your point. Please make the benchmarks non-platform dependent. For example, run geekbench, photoshop CS5 benchmarks, maybe to make things interesting, run a virtual machine on your PC and post the windows 7 experience scoring screenshot (has to be in a VM to be fair).

We will settle this with an old fashioned PC vs. Mac drag race.

Photoshop benchmark test: http://ksimonian.com/Blog/2010/02/24/improved-photoshop-benchmark-cpu-speed-test-for-both-mac-pc-free-radial-blur-filter-test/

Geekbench: http://www.primatelabs.ca/geekbench/

Vmware player is free for windows, or use virtualbox and post windows experience index score.

Or feel free to come up with any other NON platform dependent benchmarks.

Overclocking is permitted I suppose although I’d still like to see default scoring as I can’t overclock.

Others are welcomed and encouraged to join as well :slight_smile:

Let it be known, I have no hard feelings towards anyone (including Ilya) and this is just for fun. Also, take a look at my username…and I’m defending Mac??? Lol. So, for the record I am not/will not hate on PC however I will do my best to defend my newfound love for the Mac platform.

Post pictures of your setups too so I can own you all with my elegant Apple collection seen here:

…yes, that’s a USB powered Christmas tree.

sub’d

At work right now, when I get home.

Why VM though? You would need to specify what specs to use in the VM as I could dedicate all my CPU’s, etc. to it thus trumping you (you might use half your CPU’s and half your RAM, etc.).

Make specs for the VM test or we can skip that.

Also, it should be noted (and I hope you were intelligent enough to realize this - and I think you were) that when I said my PC can do everything a Mac can and better…it’s of one with comparable specs. My PC is ~2 years old. So if you have a 1yr old Mac with one of the new Intel Core i3/5/7 chips…obviously you’re going to trump me. Just making sure you are aware of this. I probably should have clarified in the original post, but it’s obvious that newer hardware will get better scores than older hardware. That being said, I still like my chances of my 2yr old box competing with anything Mac offers today.

That being said, I have no issue posting benchmarks of my Quad Core E8550 chip, etc.

EDIT: Just an FYI, GeekBench will not run in x64 Windows unless you buy it. I’m not buying anything. Find another benchmark program that is free. :lol

I’ll play for the fuck of it, dont exspect my machine to beat yours or anyone with an i series intel

AMD chips are limp dicks when it comes to benchmarks

Hackintosh to the left, runs like a wet dream

You had me at USB powered Christmas tree…

Oh I’ll absolutely take part just for the hell of it. But if he’s running a latest gen Intel chip…of course he’s going to get better scores than me. Now, if we both had the same hardware and did this test…then perhaps I’d be more inclined to say, “Okay…Apple performs better”. But I don’t know what he has, so I guess we’ll see.

Still gotta find another benchmark app as I’m not buying Geekbench just for this test.

Ilya, cmon I know your not that dumb… Buying a benchmark test :rofl

Its the internet bro, torrent is your friend

I know I could torrent something, but if we’re using different benchmark tools, what is the benefit of this thread? :lol

That’s why I’m having him look.

I’ll just leave this here

:rofl

I can run it too with my 1156 chipset (i5-760), for comparison sakes. Have to wait until I get home also though.

Was going to run it with my old Intel Core 2 machine, unfortunately the mobo was dead, my hackintosh runs on the AMD 965 system im trying to sell

I’m on a Quad Core E9550 2.83Ghz, 10GB DDR3 1600, 896MB NVidia GTX 260, 80GB Intel SSD (OS + Software), 2TB Seagate SATA3 Drive (Data such as music, movies, games, my photography work).

You NEED geekbench. It’s one of the very few cross platform benchmark tools. I’ll find a torrent link for you.

The girlfriend loves Christmas and wanted it here, lol. It’s silver so it matches nice!

FTW! The only real cross-platform benchmark too. TORRENT.

I found a torrent of it. Just didn’t update or post in here when I got it :lol. Been slammed at work.

EDIT: NVM, it was for iOS :lol. F’in day today…can’t even read correctly.

Woot! Remember, there’s that photoshop benchmark too. Basically times the amount of time it takes to perform a specific series of filters on a specific image and presents the length of time. I’m sure you have photoshop for your photography stuff.

I have CS5.5.

See edit above. Looking for another torrent. Think I found one, but we’ll see.

Because of the text above it I read this as “Your girlfriend loves Christmas and wanted it here…” and I was all “dude brah no need to be a dick about it, was just complimenting yo tree.” :rofl

Nevermind, carry on.