Town Snowplows. why?

So is it just me or do you guys find it very annoying and a waste of money and time for towns to be paying for plows just to drive around and dump salt and not even plow. I cant stand when a plow goes by me with 2" of thick wet snow on the ground and instead of pushing it off the road they just dump salt. after a little while yes the salt kicks in and the snow melts, but during that time of melting, the slush becomes if not worse to drive on.

why is it, if someone has the answer, that they do not plow this shit away? :banghead:

I’m with you on this one, yambag!

ha we have one plow in our town and it still has not been out yet… we have like a foot on the streets

it took me two hours to get to work this morning… its a 45 min drive on a normal day

we also dont salt we only sand … its shitty i dont know why i moved out there

yeah it really really pissed me off after i almost went off the road because of that brown bull shit slush from the salt when a truck passed me a minute before, plow up!

lol try to drive to my house and use the same shitty roads i do … that they dont plow b/c they are dirt and seasonal roads… then let me know

We’re supposed to get just a couple inches of snow today so why bother plowing it?

Less wear and tear on the trucks and the road by not plowing and by using salt the road is treated so it doesn’t ice up right off.

Thats the only way I can rationalize it.

:violin: so move to civilization? :stuck_out_tongue:

fuck wear and tear, how about the amount of injuries they can be preventing from using the plow instead of just salting. fuck, plow the shit out of the way and drop the salt, the road should stay cleared longer, and your using less money on gas for constantly going around salting

lol i was so pissed this morning … b/c there is no school they did not plow … i could not get my plow truck going … well i got it started but there was to much snow… then my lil civic plowed threw the snow just fine

I’m suing because my 15 year old car is rusting due to salt!!!1111 Seriously are you really bitching about 2" of snow.

mine is 13 years and rusty let me know when your going

Erie County had not plowed the 8" of heavy wet snow by 9:00am this morning. Nice.

2" of snow is nothing. 2" of wet slushy snow is different. for the past 4 years i would drive back and forth from williamsville to holiday valley and would get stuck in snow storms all the time. powder is much different to drive in. i can do 70 on the 219 as everyone is doing 35. so its not the fact im bitching about 2" of snow, its the type of snow

mine is less then a few months old but Im sueing for preventative maintance

Good thing you don’t live in Chicago… they don’t plow until it stops snowing.

While the snow is falling you almost never see a truck until it stops then they decide to get to work.

thats springville … … did you take the 219 in or 39??? if you go down to where the rest stop is there was 2 trucks jackknifed there (around the turn going down the hill) the only thing that stop the one truck is the new wall they built

not everyone has a awd winter beast like you, but ya 2" is nothing

Where were you that the roads were so bad you almost crashed? I see your location of getzville… we got about an inch of snow this morning.

Sounds like your driving skills match your posting skills… retarded.

im in newstead now. and it was the s turn by clarence elementary. it was all slushed snow and i my tank was empty, so i had no weight to it.

edit: lol for shitty driving skills. i can assure you that i actually am good at driving in the snow. like i said before, i get stuck in snow storms all the time by ski country.