Track Prepping my MKIV GTi

lol that was my GF! shes good. this was my 1st season of autox (drove the 2.0auto beetle) and it really felt good to beat STi’s and other “fast” cars thru raw time & pax, makes you wonder if the other people know how to get their cars out of neutral. then they kicked me out of novice:tantrum:

as far as mods go, this coming from a fellow VW owner. youre going to get pwned and wont be competitive since you already have mods (for autocross). with your suspension youre already smack dab in STS/STX/STU class and out of G-stock. With your reflash youre going straight into ESP or SM where pax is against you by a lot. changing the seat is ok in the -SP classes and SM class, but brake cooling ducts and stuff might be SM only, youll have to double check the rules. Id say a steering wheel is a waste of money. Get Hawk HP+ pads or the equivalent but nothing less. The HAWK HP+ have great modulation and even when theyre hot and smoking i get solid pedal feel (i felt totally comfortable going into turn 2 at TMP @ 100). Put your sway on the middle setting if its adjustable, as you get to be a better driver you can choose to make it more or less stiff, based on your driver preferences and how much under/oversteer you want, especially with different compound tires. Use stock camber specs for your first season, and make sure you get an alignment before you start racing, the difference is like night and day.

cliffs notes:
-dedicated pair of rotors for track
-dedicated set of HAWK HP+ pads or equivalent
-good DOT 4 fluid changed before every track outing
-street tires *it will take you a season to learn you pressures anyway