trans fat....the things u dont know

so as most of u know i eat a lot and i eat clean mon-fri. and on the weekend eat whatever i want. so i thought i would bring this to all your attn. because the FDA seems that they want to hide things from us.

Trans fats is a general term for fats used in the process of making many foods that have a long shelf life. basically all they are is fats that have a hydrogen atom added to them to break the double bond to make them more saturated. consequently making them tasty, cheap, longer shelf life and all this with a higher melting point. the reason they are used so much in the fast food industry is because the oil lasts a lot longer than regular oil, its really cheap, and its very very tasty.

now what u may not know is that these fats are found in almost everything u eat today. look on the nutrition facts, the FDA was made to put TRANS FATS on the list but not…partially hydrogenated oils or diglycerides. these are both classified as trans fats.

most common foods such as cupcakes, ice cremes, cakes, a lot of cereals, bagels, fast foods, and in most all pre-made pouch veggies or pasta foods that all u do is add water and microwave. its really scary. do yourself a favor and grab some random things in the fridge and look for these terms… diglycerides and hydrogenated oils. you will be surprised at what u find and what u are putting into your body.

the worst part about all this is it lowers your HDL and raises your LDL which can lead to a whole bunch of bad things.

the good trans fats are found in red meat. these are called CLA. different from the other trans fats, CLA is an antioxident and can in fact help one lose fat.

TRANS FAT to me is all one big conspiracy.

:facepalm

Anyone got any info on diet soda? i heard it aint good for ya in the long run. Kinda off topic but i figured E might know .lol

:Idiots…:lol
Random, but good point I guess. There are so many chemicals in Dt soda’s that they don’t have a clue what the long term affects even are yet.

Hmm

Really? Because diet sodas have been around for almost sixty years.

Yea, and CocaCola still uses cocaine in there soda too…

The chemical composition of soda now is probably 95% different from what it was ~60yrs ago.

Phenylalanine, thats what the main concern is

Wats dis

There are a lot of concerns with diet soda. Apparently saccharin, the primary ingredient in a lot of sweeteners such as sweet n’ low, is used to promote weight GAIN in calves. Wtf?

Interesting, good post +1

Just cut soda out of your diet, or atleast drink very little of it. Win-Win situation.

its like this thing that does all bad stuff to u. haha

its a chemcial that is in some diet sodas that no one knows the long terms effects of and some claim it can cause cancer.

What I was trying to get at in previous post…

Benny is high again, disregard his posts.

no one listens to you because we all know how stoopid u are so…

:cry: u hurtz mi feelinz

“u know u want ma girl! i be seein u flirtin wit her!”

Yah thats what I did… wayyyy too much sugar