Transfering case to a more Local court?

That’s only a small portion… there’s 2 more tickets to go. $300 per ticket. but Thanks!

Yeah, too bad I didn’t know sooner. The only chance I have right now is fighting off the other two and hope the insurance doesn’t get TOO expensive…

Sorry to bump this thread again. Another question arose.

My mom was asking me if there’s a place online to check if the lawyer actually went to court? She’s having disbelief as well that the lawyer may have never showed up for court…

i don’t believe there’s a place online that allows you to see if your lawyer went to court. you can however check your driver’s abstract online which will tell you if they won the ticket or you were charged a lessor infraction.

I’m pretty sure I lost the court. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have 30 days suspension + $850 fines. Because according to MTO. 6 Demerit points is 30 days suspension on G2 license. Meaning the lawyer lost. Or he never showed up to fight it.

My mom believes that he never showed up. I believe that he sent a n00b and never had a chance.

I’m sure it would’ve been beneficial to your case in some way if you attended the trial in addition to the lawyer.
In my opinion you should never leave it up to chance. Even if you are not required as a “witness,” even the more experienced lawyer has some last minute questions.

There is no place to check for attendance however there are sites to check if the lawyer is registered with the bar.

What do you mean registered with the bar?

And it was impossible for me to attend the court as it is 2 and half hours away and I had school that day.

Call the courthouse and ask them what you can do to verify that your lawyer showed up that day. If you can quote your ticket number, they should be able to help you somehow.

Well, i’ve got a stack of points being challenged right now, but hopefully i’ll be okay, i dont think i’ve got any lawyers but i have 2 different representatives going up. They said it would be better for them if you didnt show up. Cause then the first thing they do is something along the lines of, “my client couldnt be here today because of… Request for postponement of the cases.” Thats what the both told me. Depending on the Judge shit like that could fly. My courthouse is the one accross from silvercity on yonge near hwy7, apparently that one is pretty good in terms of chopping off points.

Though i am looking to get all tickets off as i already have a crash (apparently i’m at fault) on my record and i’m on a G2 and i dont want insurance in my ass.

Got some info on that, someone did go to court… But I doubt it was my lawyer, it was probably one of those n00bs that he sent.

Cal-Soy, good luck!

i whish i knew this earlyer :frowning:

Ty Ty, i have a feeling the problematic ticket hasnt gotten filed… its been a while since i got it (around 4 months) and i have yet to get a court date.

But thanks for the goodwishes.