Transfering ownership from parent to child

I know for a fact this used to be on teh fourm, but I went looking for it through search and no luck.

What is the process? I read on MTO I need an oath of commission or something there like.

Thanks

You dont have to do the oath.

You can just say your giving it as a gift and you shouldnt even have to pay taxes, I didn’t…

GL.

Did you and your pops go at the same time? Just kind of an overview so I can get’er done tomorrow

yea you don’t have to pay taxes when a RElative gives you a car but i think your only allowed 1 of those per year.

Or “sell” the car for $1, Less paper work and BS that way… so I’ve heard.

the commisioner of oaths or whatever is just a dude that you have to swear before… i never actually did it but my mother and i asked about it years ago because i had to switch a car out of my name for OSAP…

frig, i bet i have a half dozen S13’s still registered in my name at the ministry.

Ya they should be there with you. There was no extra paperwork for me than registering a car normally. Had to writeup a second bill of sale from myself to my mom. Then basically put the car in my name and put it in her name after or something like that. But they dont actually go through those steps.