transfering ownership

What is involved in transferring a car from a parent to a child?? I know I will not need the used vehicle package but what else is involved or not involved.

If its a one time gift deal then you just need to go down to the MTO office and sign some paperwork. There is only one person at the MTO office who can do it though, they have a special name but I forget what it is.
Both child and parent must be present.

So is Mike giving you the I30?

One time gift only. Only available through first family members, no aunts and uncles, cousins and inlaws. Husband/wife, parents/son/daughter, grand parents/grand son/daughter, sibilings.

Cool, haha na I figures it is finally time to out the 240 under my name. Not like I save money by having it under my dads.

I still need the safty and e-test done right?

Etest yes
Safety yes

but you dont pay the 6, 7, 8 or whatever percent on GST because it’s a gift w/a 0 dollar value

If it is a gift, you need to get a sworn statement which costs $20, which you should be able to get from the office, but both people have to be there. If you are transferring the plates as well, it costs $10. If you need new plates, it’s $20 for the plates, and whatever amount of money for the sticker since you have to pay up to your birthday. Most offices should be able to issue a sworn statement, but if you can’t find one that does, my sister’s office is at 427 & dundas in the Clover dale mall. There is always someone there who can do one. I believe that is all you need. I’ll check with my sister later.

what he said

you need a notarized sworn statement

me and my mom had to go through this

Sounds good to me, I am sure the office in Oakville will be able to do that for me.

Thanks guys