Travelling > modding cars

So lately I’ve had to think a little more deeply into how I spend my money, and I’ve come to realize, that traveling, and seeing some of the world while I’m still relatively young and stupid, is a much better way to spend my money instead of dumping cash into my car.

Granted, I still want to play around a bit, but I think I’m officially aborting all the big plans I had with my car. Just going to finish off what I need to, powdercoat the wheels, finish the interior, and then just drive her for what she’s worth but still make it to track days.

With that said, within the week I’ll be purchasing my plane tickets to go to Busan, South Korea from Dec 27th - Jan 11th to visit a friend who is teaching there.

I’m also considering a sailing trip over spring break around the Virgin Islands.

Anybody else feel this way?

nope

I would do that for the rest of my life if I could. There’s so much to see in the world.

Good luck :tup:

Life>cars. In my opinon, dumping money into a car is only worth while if you’ve got the money to do it. I’d rather live a life than pour too much time and money into a car. So, in other words, I agree with you. Go travel, see the world.

This is also the reason why my car really hasn’t changed in the past 6 years…

Make more money and do both.

:gtfo:

There’s a reason why the majority of cars I’ve owned have been stock. Better ways to spend my money.

Not to mention it’s a horrible investment. If you put 20k into a car most the time you’re lucky to be able to sell it for a couple grand over what a stock version would go for. Modding better be your passion or you’re just pissing money away.

you definitely seem like one of the righter people on here.

Do it. You will see amazing things and the memories will last a lifetime… not to mention the perspective you will aquire

and then finally see how lame this area is compared to the rest of the world

Best move you can make to improve your life

I think you were looking for NYTravels.com :stuck_out_tongue:

I like both.

Have you made a post in the last 6 months where you don’t bitch about how backwards your fellow countrymen are?? If it’s so horrible here why not leave? You act so angry about the US in general but continue to live here. If it’s making you so upset all the time it seems like it would be an easily attainable goal to leave.

To each his own, but if living here was as upsetting to me as it appears to be to you I would certainly do something about it.

There are a lot of things way more meaningful and worthwhile than cars.

I agree that traveling is one of them. I’ve been to enough third world countries that I appreciate the life I have in a way I never could have if I hadn’t seen how much of the world lives.

It also makes me want to choke the living crap out of people who blame Buffalo for their problems. :slight_smile:

I’ve seen African communities of thousands living in homes made of ocean containers and pieces of wood and steel sheeting. Don’t bitch to me about a lack of opportunity.

I’ve visited tropical villages whose people have neither cars nor big fancy homes, neither crime nor hate. They seem perfectly happy. Makes ya think…

I met a woman who once lived in NYC and was head of the corporate fraud department at MBNA. She drove to work getting pumped to trash metal, drove home screaming to it to decompress. Her marriage failed. As soon as her kids left for college, she packed her car and headed down the trans-american highway to a little ski village in Alaska. Now she runs a little tourist shop, books a few ski trips, wakes and bakes and runs up to Anchorage twice a week to get her town’s mail. She’s finally happy.

It’s a big beautiful messed up wonderful terrible amazing world out there.

I feel the same way too, but I like cars too, so I’m just doing both! :tup:

Everything in moderation. Including moderation. Buy the tickets and enjoy. :tup:

that’s the goal.

But traveling comes first by far.

And about buffalo sucking… I’ve lived in quite a few places, and to be honest, I really like buffalo. (this coming from someone who lived in Hawaii) The people here really are some of the greatest around. But for a 23 year old looking to see the world, I certainly don’t want to be planted here.

Fry - totally agree with wanting to kill people sometimes when they complain about Buffalo. They don’t know what they have but that’s obvious.

Ultimately, I really couldn’t even guess where I would want to end up. Hawaii seems like a likely option, since I loved it when I was there, and there is always shit to do outside to keep me happy. But who knows. Family holds importance as well. And it’s hard to be that far away from everyone you love.

If it weren’t for my family I’d be all sorts of tempted to sell off everything and buy a one way ticket to costa rica. Spend the rest of my life drinking guaro and saving the turtles…

Who cares what you spend your money on if its what you enjoy…

Cars…
Travel…

^^ very true. But few people would rather wrench on a car that breaks all the time instead of taking a trip somewhere tropical.

awwwww I fucking love seat turtles. They don’t really need saving anymore though. Those fuckers made a comeback like no other. They actually might be taken off the endangered species list soon.

When happens when you go somewhere tropical…get bit by some crazy insect and get sick…or get hit by a monsoon while on vacation…

Why dont you worry about yourself. I will do what I need to do when I decide to. In the meantime If I feel i can provide some good input to somone who is trying to make a decision or is looking for a OPINION about the area I sure as hell will DO SO. EVERYTHING I said in the previous post was SPOT ON. If you are so proud of this fucking trailer park then whooptie do, good for you,… wallow in it. In the mean time I can give my opinion on the place whenever the hell I want so stop whining about it.

Going to see how the rest of the world lives is the smartest thing the kid could do. Im not posting any more replies to typical NYSPEED stupidity and fucking up his thread /end

That right there sounds like the life.