Tuner Review: EFILogics

So, today I went and got the LGT tuned. I made an appointment to go to EFILogics in Bethel, CT about two weeks ago. I have read nothing but good reviews for this place, so I figured I would give them a shot. I made my appointment for 11am today, figuring I’d actually get on the dyno by 1pm given my previous tuning experiences.

I get there at 10:45am, and as I guessed, there was a car being tuned. So I wait… For five minutes. They have my car loaded on the dyno and set to go by 10:55am. I was totally surprised. One tuning facility made me wait FIVE hours before they got my car on the dyno. So they tell me to wait a bit before tuning, as my motor only had 150mi on it at the time so they wanted to do their break in procedure before they go revving it to 6800rpm. I’m fine with that of course, I just spent a ridiculous amount of money on a new short block and would hate to see it grenade on the dyno… Or any other time for that matter.

So I go to their customer lounge. One place I’ve gotten tuned didn’t even have one, and another place just had a room with uncomfortable chairs and a small TV, no AC so I was sweating my balls off. Not EFILogics. They have comfortable leather couches, air conditioning, a refrigerator, snacks, 40" flat screen, PS3, and a coffee table full of recent and past magazines. It was great. I actually didn’t mind waiting.

Chris (the tuner) and the staff were very easy to deal with, and were very knowledgeable and courteous. The tune took about 2.5hrs, including the break in procedure and calibrating the MAF. I ended up with 299whp/295tq. I am going back once the motor has around 1500mi on it, as Chris said he wants to do a small retune, free of charge so we can see how much it really puts down. Torque is expecting to be in the mid-300 range. The ride home was butter smooth. I don’t think I’ve been able to drive the car this smooth since I drove it off the dealer’s lot.

Overall, I give this place a solid 5 out of 5. The best tuning facility I’ve been to, ever. Anyone with a Subaru, I highly recommend going to this place first.

-Chris

Chris,

Could you have afforded the wheels on the owners car?

Ive heard nothing but godd stuff about these guys as well. sounds like they got some good stuff going on

?

nice review. seems like a great place

Just busting Tony’s balls from when he was defending Redline sometime. Speaking of which, I’d like to see their new shop sometime.

Anyway, back on topic, glad you had a good experience Chris. CT has several outstanding shops.

This and EPL are the only places I’d go to in CT. Would NOT go to ‘The Shop,’ but I try not to be too negative towards them as they didn’t tune anything of mine while I owned it.

was probably the nicest tuning facility I’ve seen yet.

It’s a brand new facility too. Plus you have to love the 15+subarus, and the Subicon thing out front

Hey Cossey, did you consider Dent Sport Garage in your tuner choices?

I would not love 15 Subaru’s but the place sounds legit. What other cars do they tune?

anything and everything under the sun

I read some good reviews on these guys to if i didnt go to the shop i was gonna go to them.

Yes, actually. I had an appointment scheduled but couldn’t make it due to the car not being finished so I called a couple days before to cancel. They sounded very nice on the phone. EFILogics was my first choice in all of the tuning though, I just needed to get an appointment ASAP as WGI was supposed to happen.

They tune a ton of other stuff, they just happened to have all Subarus there. On their site, they say they tune anything GM, Mustangs, Evo, Subaru, Mazdaspeed 3/6, etc…

Yea, there were a few cars from The Shop at EFILogics. Apparently, one or two had some issues from their build and tunes.
As a matter of fact, one of those cars were local at one point, before the previous owner traded it on an EVO X, which then was traded in on a Caliber SRT-4.

Tuner shop drama lol’s me.

With any positives someone has to throw in a negative. After exchanging some emails over some tuning they decided they aren’t interested in the job to do a tune. They must be so busy to turn down business esp. in a universal field. Basically if you dont have the typical model of a subaru, evo open source car or a junk cobb unit they cant manage to care.

LOL, I’m going back Thursday for a re-tune. If you want to come with just to check it out and talk in person that might be a better idea.

And Jon, even though many tuning shops can tune just about anything, they usually don’t go out of their norm in case any problems arise. Tons of shops will turn down work because they are unfamiliar with the platform. Protecting their asses, really.

EDIT: Also, IveyTune wouldn’t tune my Subaru because they only tune Cobb AP on Subaru’s, but will open source an EVO.

That’s understandable, but that’s not how they phrased it.

They said:

“Unfortunately Chris really isn’t interested in tuning the car - but good
luck, sounds like a fun project!”

small bit taken from the actual email. Its a nice way of saying nah F off. I would drive 5 minutes to go there now just based on how their message came across. Customer relations 101

Jon but you should know better than this. If a shop doesn’t feel comfortable to do the work 100% right then you should be happy that they turn it down rather than attempt and half-ass the job. It’s not a common car, and not a common EMS.

Tisk tisk. We’ll tune it @ Moon. No worries. You and I are going to wrap that thing up next week come hell or high water.

Cossey, got your message about next thurs but unfortunately my car isn’t going to be ready for dyno time and I’m going to be spending time getting Jon’s 200 finished up at his place.