Turbo 1994 Del Sol

shifting to 5th FTL!!!

that car on drag radials would bounce the rev in 4th at about the 1000 ft mark, thats spinning off all of first and most of second and third with slicks it might be ok

The car has over 100 more hp! The slicks are either a 22" or 23" either way they are both smaller then a 225/50 bfg (unless you where on a 205) from what I could see on the dyno it looked like it 4th gear ran out at 8500rpm at like 118-120mph. This car should trap 127-132ish. On any tire. I think a taller tire and/or a higher rev limiter, might be in this cars near future.

I rufused to even go for a ride in this car. It was ass puckering enuff for me on the dyno. Anything over 350whp scares me on the rollers!

Goodluck gimme a call Sunday and let me know how it runs. Hell I might even stop up if I have time.

-Joe

Come up if u get a chance joe. I’d like to trailer it just incase I break something. But well see, but on the azenis yesterday in 4th on highboost easing in the throttle it ripped the tires off through 4th and 5th, so well see how the slicks hold up, there 23inch by the way

Thats F’n retarded! what trans did you end up getting for it?

Hey now no 5th gear highway pulls!!! yea I bet you will stick still smack the rev limiter in 4th at like 123 with that 23". Dont really concern yourself with trap speed. If you have a strong 1/8 trap speed isent going make a to much of a difference.

I dont have a trailer yet to fit that car on it. ( I am working on it) But I am very glad to see your driving it to the track and trying to break it. Your a trooper for sure!

That thing was a handful with 350 whp when I drove it.

ew sick

put the slicks on it tonight , still to much pressure in them , they still spin bit they make a world of differnce the car is straight nasty

bring it out to the mile tonight i wanna ride in it before you break it again lol

you going up tonight? theres supposed to be a pretty decent evo meet at the waterfront tonight but im not takin the evo lol

yeah ill prob be out that way tonight

you need like 33333inch slicks

Welll had a rough nite with the del sol it ran great , but I did a 3rd gear pull finally and it shredded the tires , literally I guess a rock or something put a 1/4 inch deep rip the whole way around the tire, not sure if there junk or not

wtf you sure it wasnt from you slowing down from your inner fender

ya its very possible something on the inner fender caught it, i havent had it apart yet, i gotta fuck with the evo today, not gonna make it to the track

anyone have any slicks for sale?

Went to the track for a couple runs. Made a mistake and forgot to take new spark plugs, so I couldn’t run high boost. I took it really easy on the car didn’t really launch it at all, it went 12.00 @ 121mph on low boost. Hope to get a chance to run highboost and actually launch it next time

i hope high boost makes a huge difference, if not you spent a lot of money to gain 2 mph…was that on the bfg’s or slicks?

Slicks, and I know it will make a difference I could pull off a mid to low 11 second 1/4 on low boost if I actually launched it but I started out like I was pulling out from a stop light, and I didn’t really do a good burnout just wanted to get a feel for it, high boost is a 100more hp then low boost. The real issue is I can’t fit any bigger slicks I need to switch up to coil overs to get some real slicks on there. Next time will be much better guarenteed , a good burnout , launch from around 6-7k should be a high 10

also you have to realize that low boost is 403hp, its only like 19 more hp than what u ran a 12.1 on, so a 12.00 babying it out isnt bad at all, time will tell what highboost runs